𝐗𝐈

Houston, Texas

May 5th 12:43 pm

May 5th
12:43 pm

"Shit.." Calyx hisses as he wiped down his wound with an alcohol pad, Maelia had FaceTimed him later on in the day to give him tips on how to clean it until she was there to do it for him. The process being just as painful as it was the first day, his side slightly swollen and aching.

Shaking his head he can't help but to think about how things would have turned out had simply minded his own that day in sprouts, going to self-checkout and making his way out of the store. Instead he was falling in love with a girl with a trigger happy brother, putting his own well being at risk to make sure his girlfriend was happy.

Part of him liking the rush of how dangerous the relationship seemed, finding it odd with how quiet and stand-offish he was. Everyone knowing he was far from violent.

"I gotta stop cussing atleast, I'm doin' just about anything else. But this shit hur—" cutting himself off as he deadpanned his reflect in the large bathroom mirror. Rolling his eyes at the fact he cussed again.

Picking up a patch from the first aid kit he had, he rips off the paper side. Revealing the sticky back with adhesive to stick onto his skin.

He moves it slowly toward his side before he remembers what Maelia had told him, forgetting to put a decent amount of Vaseline over the wound. Grimacing at how his tissue began to swallow the bullet fragment, repairing itself as it grew overtop of it.

Dipping his finger into the jar, he rubs a good amount on top of the hole. Reaching over to grab a paper towel to remove any excess Vaseline from his hands so he wouldn't drop the patch.

Picking it up he slowly moves toward the injury once again, placing the bottom half onto his side, his body jerking and breath hitching at how cold it was. He begins rubbing the patch onto the remainder of skin before several loud knocks startle him.

Groaning he throws his head back, snatching a black t-shirt from his drawer as he proceeds down the stairs of his home. Not bothering to take the elevator, even though it was ideal, considering every step he took down the stairs only took more of a strain to his injuries. He needed the time to prepare himself for who he'd have to socialize with in a time where he didn't feel to be bothered.

"Who is it?"

"Jaz, mama wanted me to bring you this basket over." She mutters, sounding very unamused with her mothers request to drop off the items to Calyx. She was in the middle of a nap before being awoken to do the task.

Calyx peeking through the curtain that hung from the small side windows of his door, sighing harshly as he smacked a hand against his head.

He was in no shape to see Jazae or explain to her all of what had happened, knowing she'd start to asks questions. Not needing the 'I told you so' speech or any threats being thrown towards Maelia. Nonetheless he opened the door, giving the girl a small smile as she nodded her head.