𝐕

Houston, Texas

3 weeks later...
11:45 am

Gliding across the wooden floor boards of his spacious home, Calyx scurries around to slip on socks, shoes, cologne, a jacket- grabbing keys, his wallet and any other items he would need for his departure.

He was currently on his way to a photoshoot for some new pieces from his brand. The meet had been scheduled back in February before Calyx left California to come to Houston- but of course like any other time, he had forgotten about the whole event. Letting so many important dates and ventures slip his mind due to all that he had going on, his attention span not at all being a help to his case.

Now at ten minutes to twelve, he was running around the hallways of his house to make sure he had gathered all he needed for the shoot..which started in just five minutes.

Sweat lining his forehead as he tripped and stumbled on useless items, he finally makes his way over to the elevator. Sighing as he threw his back against the metal wall, out of breath and late.

His phone began to ring in his pocket, closing his eyes hoping that the sound would soon stop and the person who had called would hang up. A sigh of relief leaving his lips once the ringing sound subsides back to the silence the four walls around him held.

Watching as the elevator doors open, he steps out quickly making his way over to the front door. Walking out to then press in the key for the lock, proceeding to the black van that waited for him in the middle of his driveway.

"Goodmorning sir, A message for your late arrival has been sent to Jacob and your breakfast is on the tray inside the car." Fredrick informs opening the door for Calyx to step inside. He thanks him, taking a seat before the door is closed behind him.

He looks over at the breakfast Fredrick had mentioned, grinning at the fact they prepared his favorite foods; French toast, eggs, sausage and a bowl of fruits.

A glass of Apple Juice was sat next to the plate as well, Calyx reaching up to grab his fork. His eyes closed as he said his grace, he had just stuck his knife into the toast before his phone rang again.

A groan pulling from his lips before he snatched it out of his pocket.

Mama ❤️ ...

Pressing the answer button, Calyx brings the phone to his ear as he clears his throat.  Rendering his voice of any evident irritation or attitude so he wouldn't upset his mother. "Mornin' mama..."