𝐈𝐈𝐈 :𝐏𝐑𝐓 𝟐

RECAP

Memories flashing before his eyes as his heartbeat increased, the life and death situation he faced making him want nothing more than to have saved this trip to the store. Wishing to be back in his home in his bed.

"Happy ass church nigga." Jamal's chuckles before his finger presses against the trigger to let the gun go off.

A clicking sound went off from the gun, Calyx slowly coming back to reality once he heard laughing.

His eyes everted to Jamal who sat in the passenger seat continuously pulling the trigger on the gun as no bullets came out.

"It's on safety pussy, had yo ass prayin' sum serious." He chuckled shaking his head as the car drove off.
Calyx waited until the Charger was completely out of site before he let out a long awaited breath that he didn't even realize he was holding.

Unlocking his doors and stepping inside the car before he drove off. A million and one thoughts raced through his mind as he tried to settle his breathing, his chest moving erratically due to what has just occurred a few moments ago.

He had never felt such fear in his life, Calyx parents shielding their son from anything remotely dangerous or harming during his up bringing.

He was raised around love and always told to do right by any means. Along with the many commandments and terms related to respecting his religion. His mother telling him that love spoke volumes over violence and to always be kind, his father letting him know that God protected him at all times; but when needed he was there for all physical protection.

Malcom owned a gun, kept in the floorboards of his home incase any criminals or the prejudice people of their town attempt to harm his family in any way. Not having to use it but one time in his life, that being to scare off a group of boys who picked on Calyx when he was just in elementary.

Todays events left such an affect on Calyx for one traumatic reason. He had seen a gun before, too young to have experienced anything of the sort.

8 year olds...

"Yea well my mama said we gon' go get ice cream tamma' afta she gets off work. Then we can play superhero's with ma' daddy!" Khalid giggled as Calyx little face flashes a wide smile.

Excited to be able to spend time at his bestfriends house, that being one of the few places he loved to visit.

Along with the park, thrift store & museum down town.

"Okay! I gotta ask ma' daddy, and- and go get the rest of my toys from ma' room!" Calyx cheesed, excitement filling his little limbs he jumped up and down. The two boys had wanted to spend the weekend together of course with their parents permission, not having school due to spring break.

Suddenly a car pulls up in-front of the them, Calyx eyes glancing past his friend to look at who the vehicle belonged to. Seeing a black man with a scar against his jaw. The sight scared the young boy as his eyes quickly focused on Khalid who was picking at the grass on the ground.