𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧, 𝐓𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐬a week later11:45 am

𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧, 𝐓𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐬
a week later
11:45 am

Pulling into the driveway of his parents home, Calyx kills the ignition to his BMW. Locking the doors as he makes his way up the pavement, knocking along the Mahogany door as he hears his mothers sweet voice call out from the other side.

"Hey baby, I was just about to call you." She smiles widely at the presence of her son, quickly stepping aside to let him in. Turning around to except a warm hug as she places a kiss on his cheek.

"Smells good in hea', whatchu cook?"

"I made y'all some lunch, I don't know where that father of yours is. Went upstairs and disappeared." Regina chuckles slipping past the boy to finish off the burger and fries she had prepared. Calyx nodding as he made his way up the staircase to see just where his father had run off to.

"Papa you up here?"

Receiving no answer he makes his way into his parents master bedroom, seeing a light coming from the bathroom he playfully rolls his eyes. Stuffing his hands into his pants pockets as he walks up to the door.

Standing beside the frame he watches as his father runs his large hands over his head, bringing them down to look over them. A sigh leaving his lips as he repeats the action a few more times, Calyx face scrunching in confusion as he examines the man's face.

His eyes glossing over as bags sat beneath them, a drained look taking over the glow he always held. This worrying Calyx, never seeing his father so down unless there was something genuinely wrong.

Hesitantly, he knocks his knuckles against the wood beside him. Watching as his father turns around partially startled. Smiling widely once his eyes fall on his sons face.

"Hey boy, when you get here?"

"I came in about five minutes ago...how you been pop?" He mumbles hugging the man tightly, feeling his fathers grip a little stronger than usual he makes a mental note to himself.

"I'm fine Cal, a little tired but I think your mothers making lunch." He laughs knowing how disappointed his wife would be if he went to sleep without eating, her hard work in the kitchen going to waste. Not wanting to have to hear about it later on.

Calyx nodding as his eyes evert to the medicine cabinet that had been cracked open, seeing more orange bottles than usual. Knowing his parents weren't big on medication and relied more so on the healing that came from God himself.