𝐗𝐈𝐕 :𝐏𝐑𝐓 𝟏

𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍, 𝐓𝐄𝐗𝐀𝐒 ——Sunday 𝟓:𝟏𝟓𝐏𝐌

𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍, 𝐓𝐄𝐗𝐀𝐒
——
Sunday 𝟓:𝟏𝟓𝐏𝐌

[𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐡𝐲. 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲.]

𝐒𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘 had finally come. After a long conversation to assure his girlfriend she wouldn't be forced into any sort of religious practices, calming her of a mental breakdown on a possible feud with his sibling, and the doubt of his parents disliking her. Calyx had finally convinced Maelia to join him for Sunday dinner this evening once he finished running a few errands.

"What should I wear? How does your mom feel about crop tops? No, I'll wear a dress...but this one's short-"

"Babe, can you relax? Whatever you wear is fine, I'm sure you know what's appropriate for a Sunday dinner." He chuckles watching the girl's face finally pop back into the screen on his phone, wisps of hair covering her milky brown eyes from shuffling through drawers and closets for the 'perfect'  outfit.
Hands gripping the stirring wheel of his blue SRT as he made his way home.

Maelia's mind raced with many different thoughts and emotions, how she hated the silly negative outcomes her mind conjured up. This would be her first time meeting the parents of her significant other...well alive that is. Remembering the day she waved awkwardly at two tombstones alongside Kofi, his mother and father's names engraved into them.

She now looked at the memory to be quite disturbing and dark, although in the moment it meant a lot to the man she loved. Kofi was not one to talk about his biological parents much, the memories hurting him and certain arguments they had triggering unbearable beatings if the girl had slipped up to ask the wrong thing.

However, she wondered if she'd be enough to please the two beings who created the man she had grown so infatuated with. The man she'd begin to fall madly in love with. The one who convinced her that she was capable of loving someone, and being loved.

Yet her mind troubled with how to present herself to such a religious family. Knowing her failed past with God she felt almost unfit to sit in such an anointed home, believing the clothes she wore amongst her Carmel skin were too undesirable for the man and woman's eyes.

A worry she had no business portraying, as the Carters were used to such fashion worn by their daughter. The same crop tops, skinny jeans, belly piercings, and makeup they had seen since Jazae turned seventeen.
Maelia was indeed an overthinker, the dramatics making her boyfriend roll his eyes repeatedly as she continued to huff and panic, tossing clothes left and right and asking a million questions that he could never keep up with.