~3~

"NO FUCKING WAY THATS SO EMBARRASSING" kasumi howled with tears in her eyes as i told her what happened in the store.

"STOP OKAY I KNOW! DAMN BITCH! let me breathe" i pleaded, but to no avail as she kept rolling on the floor in laughter. i dont even blame her; its funny as fuck looking back on it.

we took a few minutes to stop laughing, wiping the tears from our eyes. "i didnt know you had it in you to act like that, mustve been one hell of a man. i totally thought you were into tendou but wow i guess not!"

"what?! tendou, really?? no way, our relationship is 100% platonic. hes a great guy but just.. not like that i guess?"

she starts to looks around the room with wide eyes, completely avoiding my gaze. i look down and dammit shes twisting her rings.

"youre hiding something kasumi. its so painfully obvious, can you just tell me?" still no response.

"ow! man you didnt have to slap me like that! fine ill tell you, but you CANT TELL ANYONE OKAY?" she can never keep a secret, for better or for worse.

"ugh okay. so its been going around that tendou likes you. and by going around i mean he told me." again, shifting her gaze to anything in the room but me.

"wait why would he tell you that? i didnt think you knew each other that well" i questioned.

"you and i are best friends and he wanted advice, so weve become friends from that. anyway yeah he likes you and i swore you liked him too so ive been egging him on to ask you out and now i feel bad because i didnt know you werent into him like that. WHEW actually that felt good to say." she breathes, then finally makes eye contact with me. im frozen in place, eyes wide and jaw dropped. how did i not know this? i must be incredibly oblivious to not realize this whole situation.

"im sure its fineeeee, dont sweat it too much! i know hes a bold guy but i doubt hell risk the friendship you guys have!" i dont really know if that made me feel better or not.

"you right, thanks for telling me though! enough talk about boys, lets just watch the show, ok?"

"YAY!!" she exclaims, shuffling under the covers and grabbing a bag of chips. lets just chill and not think about ANYTHING except how much we hate gabi.

--------------------------------------------------------------

daichi's pov - the store

i sigh as i walk down the street toward ukai's store. im so worried about my schoolwork and volleyball, my mom forced me to take a walk to get some fresh air, telling me ill "feel better". its kind of irritating that shes always right, even when i dont want her to be. im just in a pissy mood. i deserve some damn ramen and a quiet night. the bells jingle as i open the door to the store, waving to ukai. "hey coach!" i say as walk to the isles.

"hi daichi. you looking for anything in particular?"

"yeah actually, did you move the ramen?" i asked, peeking through each isle.

he scratches his head, "i got to be honest with you, i did and i dont know where it is. its somewhere!" he exclaims, shrugging and lighting a cigarette.

"ah thanks, very helpful" i mumble. i know he heard me but honestly its been a long day and i dont care. after a minute or so of looking i hear the bells ring again, but i pay no mind as i continue on my search for ramen. after a while, i hear rustling behind me. a minute or two goes by and it stops. curious, i turn around to see a girl with bright (e/c) eyes staring at me. shes not moving at all? wow. i crouch down to her eye level. i really dont know what to say..

"uh, hello?"

she must have snapped out of it because her eyes widen to the size of grapefruits and her face turns into a blushing mess. the stuff she was carrying falls out of her arms, crashing onto the ground.

"i-im sorry! thats so awkward! well haha i gotta go!" she chuckled as she quickly grabbed her stuff and sprinted away. i stood there, absolutely dumbfounded.

what was she doing? was she- nah, i dont think i get looked at that way.

i watch her check out frantically, throwing a coke onto the counter. ukai looks up at me with a smirk, confusing me even more. do i even bother to ask?

she leaves the store, bags on her arms. before she exits, she turns to me and gives me this big, goofy smile. a wave of heat hits my face, but all i do is give her a small smile and a wave. she almost tripped on her way out, and im glad she didnt see me because i nearly busted out laughing.

"well, she was really into you daichi" ukai takes a drag of his cigarette.

"what? do you really think so?" i swivel my head to see her run away and then look back at ukai. he stifles a laugh, mumbling some comment about me being oblivious.

"i can hear you, you know!" i shouted as i checked out. again, he just laughs.

i mean, she was pretty cute... but that interaction was so awkward? i think to myself as i walk out of the store. ill probably never see her again though, wish i could have talked to her at least once.

words: 944