~16~

AN: HELLO PEOPLE!! im a terrible author im sorry, i honestly had to reread this to remember what was happening LOL. also, holy shit this is ranked #5 in dachisawamura??? you guys are awesome, i had no idea this would get that many hits tbh! thanks for all the votes, reads, and saves to your libraries, it honestly makes my day:)) ok ok, i won't make you wait any longer, thanks for the patience! oh oh also, everything italicized is a thought from y/n. idk if i ever said that before but yeah ok bye bye!

y/n pov

"y/n, you've checked the address 100 times! im pretty damn sure this is the house." 

"im fucking nervous give me a damn break woman!" i say, exasperated, as i shift the car into park. i can see the lights dancing over the rooftop, hearing some pop smoke song ring through the neighborhood. well that was most certainly not dachi's choice.

"come on, come on, lets GO!! i wanna get wasted!" kasumi screams as she all but yanks me out of my seat. i stumble onto the driveway, my feet screwed into the ground with her tugging my arm ferociously. "im SCAREDD please oh my GODD why is this so EMBARRASSINGGGG!"

"dude your FINE! he wants you here so bad, i promise!! now put your big girl pants on and get through the damn gate!" i sigh at her perseverance, inching my way toward the gate. luckily, the bass bumping speakers and the howling of karasuno eases my nerves a little. they just seem so laid back and chill, its honestly nice that the environment seems so inviting when im not even there yet. kasumi opens the gate with no hesitation, me stepping in right after her. my eyes unconsciously start scanning the backyard for daichi, only to be met with his dark brown lens aimed right at me anyway.

"OH MY GOD IS THAT HER??" a kid with orange hair bounces up and down frantically which i think is hinata, instantly getting yanked down by a taller black haired boy yeah, that's definitely hinata. i smile and wave awkwardly, shocked by the amount of curious eyes on me. "you bet your ass it is!" kasumi beams, grabbing my shoulders and shaking me violently. i laugh, walking off over to where daichi is standing next to suga. 

"im glad you could make it." dachi says with a warm smile, making my knees a little wobbly which i would NEVER admit to him, cocky ass!. "yeah, all he could talk about was how cut-" "HEY!" dachi shoves his shoulder, pink dusting his cheeks in slight embarrassment. kasumi and i giggled, its so cute how he talks about me when im not around. even though i would normally rather die than have other people actually perceive me tbh.

"think fast!" within a split second, i see a beer bottle flying at my face nearly knocking dachi's head in. without thinking, i grab the bottle right behind his head with my toes barely touching the floor and slamming into dachis (very nice) chest. looks of shock spread across everyones faces, mine included. i think im holding onto daichi for a little to long, as kasumi pulls me to my feet laughing.  suga turns his head to find the culprit, "ay tanaka what the fuck?!" 

"no no its fine! caught it anyway, couldn't let this precious beer go to waste anyway!" i smirk. "see she's cool! no need to be wacked out sugaWARA" tanaka teases, immediately sprinting away as suga grabs an empty bottle from the table in pursuit. the three of us laugh at the others, and a pang of sadness shoots through me as i remember the end of the year party at shiratorizawa. i bet they are just like this right now, except making fun of me. kasumi seems to know immediately, and with one look from her i know i will be okay eventually. i think daichi knew, but didn't want to intrude.

"alright, so now that the women are here," tanka wiggles his eyebrows, making eyes roll across the yard, "we should play a game!!" a very tall blond guy, i think that's tuskki (an: sorry not spelling his full name idk how and i don't want to get it wrong lol) scoffs, "what are we, 5 years old?"

noya pipes up, "im shocked your even here string bean! get your ass movin! have some fun dammit!" i can see the steam come out of his ears, i hid my face in my hand because it's honestly fucking funny when he gets mad. "GAME GAME GAME GAME-" tanaka and noya chant, of course kasumi running to join in with all three in a circle jumping. daichi laughs and rolls his eyes, "you know what? it could be fun!" they stop chanting to stare at him.

"daichi?" tanaka says with confusion. "where did the stick up your ass go? did you lose it?" he starts frantically looking, and i fall to the floor DYINGGG. daichi's face goes blank faster than light, causing tanaka to tense up. "its because is GURL FRAND is here!" noya sticks his tongue out, not realizing how big he just fucked up. daichi marches over there and slaps both of the on the backside of their heads so hard i think their eyes flew out of their sockets. im still on the floor, wiping the tears of my face. "get your dumbasses inside.." he mumbles, everyone scurrying through the sliding glass door. daichi turns to me with his hand outstretched, which i gladly take. i swear i feel electricity every time we touch I GET THIS FEELING! sorry intrusive thought, shooting through my body like lighting. before i pass him, i whisper in his ear, "your so hot when your commanding". a little smile plays on my face before brushing his shoulder as i walk in. i didn't see his face but judging by the way he tensed up, i could tell i did a number on him.

we all gather onto the couch, daichi lagging behind everyone on the way in. i left an empty space for him next to me which he gladly took. he was on my left and kasumi was on my right, then tanaka and noya. there was no more room on the couch, so hinata sat next to them on the floor with kageyama, asahi, then suga next to daichi. im pretty sure tsukki left already, he did NOT really want to be here. (an: its a circle i wrote it so weird but its a circle haha). suga was handing out more drinks, this time with vodka thank god, beer makes me so bloated yuck. everyone was having their own little conversations, the atmosphere is so light that you are just happy being surrounded by it. i saw kasumi chatting with tanaka and i didn't want to bother her trying to snatch a "tall handsome volleyball player" as she put it, so i tap daichi's shoulder to get his attention. 

"hey! what's up y/n!" god i love when he says my name.

"congrats on getting so far in nationals! i know i didn't really say much to you about it earlier, but  i really am proud of how far you and your team have come!"

he smiled brightly, his eye crinkling with the curve of his mouth. "thank you y/n, i appreciate it! i wish you could have seen one of our games, but im happy with your support."

i blushed and looked down as i said this, embarrassed. "i, um, i actually watched them all live. i even had my phone propped up on the toilet paper holder in the bathroom." he laughed, causing me to laugh a little too. he has such a soft, affectionate gaze when he looked at me and i feel like puddy every time his eyes fall on me.

"hey, so i wanted to-" he starts, but not before noya interrupts loudly.

"I KNOW WHAT WE ARE GONNA PLAY" he jumps up, hands frantically waving in the air. everyone gives him a quizzical look.

"lets play truth or dare!"

words: 1227