~12~

ushijimas pov - 12:30pm

i really didnt want to bring tendou along to the gardens as the goal was tranquility, but alas, here he is anyway.

"wow ushiwaka!! is this where you disappear to all the time? why havent you told me about this!" he beams

".. because its where i disappear to, tendou." why would i tell people the place i go to when i want to be alone?

"ahh, i guess thats true." he stops talking, and i actually get some silence. for about 26 seconds on the dot.

"how do you afford to go here all the time?"

"i have a membership."

"whats your favorite plant here?"

i sigh. "japanese maples."

"oh those ARE cool arent they?" he cranes his neck over to look closer at my face. "you look more serious than normal. is this like 'i need ushijima time and tendou needs to shut the hell up?'"

i look at him. "yes. exactly." as loud as he is, hes truly a good friend to me. my best friend, actually.

"well i will be quiet for FIVE WHOLE MINUTES! then you have to talk to me again okay?"

"fine." five minutes was better than nothing.

it flew by like seconds, and i get a tap on my shoulder. "times up!" i was hoping he wasnt actually counting.

we walk around for a little while, chatting here and there. im only half listening to tendou as i focus on the sounds of the birds chirping and the smell of fresh greenery that filled the air.

"im stARVING!! is there anywhere to eat in here?" he pouts, playing with leaves as he walks by them. "yes. theres food up the hill, near the trees."

we begin to walk up there, me in the front, when i see someone i wasnt expecting to see.. l/n and daichi? i stop in my tracks, knowing that if tendou sees them, its over.

"hey ouch!! wakatoshi you know people are trying to walk here right?"

"actually the restaurant up here is closed today, lets get something else."

"what?! no way there are so many people up here!"

"just because there are people doesnt mean theres food."

"psh. thats EXACTLY what it means!" he continues to push past me, and i brace for the impact. this wont be fun.

for a second, i dont think that he notices them until i see them about to.. kiss.. in public? classy. then i hear an almost blood curtailing scream.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

tendou falls to his knees and i sigh. l/n stares at us in utter shock, and daichis face goes pale. i just wave and drag tendou away by the shirt collar, unfortunately knowing how big of a scene were causing.

he's silent the whole walk home, which is actually very scary. as scared as someone like me could possibly be, of course.

we get to my door and he slams it shut.

tendous pov

"dont slam my door, tendou."

"i dont give a damn about your door right now! Y/N WAS ABOUT TO KISS THAT FUCKHEAD FROM KARASUNO!" he panics flopping down on the couch.

"isnt it SO OBVIOUS that i like her? like even kasumi told me she was pretty sure y/n liked me back. ive even thought she was flirting with me a little too! like everyone on the team thought something was going on!" i run my hands down my face, then look at ushijima. "am i missing something?"

he just looks at me and sighs. he sits down next to me, piercing me with his olive eyes. ahh shit, what do i not know?"

"i am friends with both you and l/n, and i dont want to get in the middle of this. but you are my best friend, and as she clearly hasnt taken my advice on the matter-"

"advice?"

"just shut up and listen to me." damn. almost pissed my pants. "i guess kasumi told her about your feelings for her. i dont know why so dont ask me. that night we went to get soba, i asked her what was wrong as i noticed she was tense. she told me that she knew you liked her and didnt want to continue to lead you on, so i told her to tell you the truth. clearly she didnt. this daichi thing is new to me, but it should have been obvious to me at the qualifiers though." he finishes. i blink slowly. "you can talk now."

i shoot him a soft glare, but its out of anger and sadness about y/n. "so she lied to me about being good, still kinda flirted with me, proceeded not to tell me she knew for months, AND is going out with the captain of a rival team??" i start to fume.

"fuck her! i wish she would have just told me instead of making me feel so stupid! i really liked her and she threw it back in my face like it was nothing!!" i dig my fingers into my hair. i feel SO FUCKED OVER! shes such a bitch for that. i wish she JUST TOLD ME!!!! we would have been fine after a while, i could have gotten over it. well im for sure over her ass now.

"im sorry for not telling you. i didnt want to be in the middle." ushijima states. "i understand, you were trying to keep two people happy. im glad you told me,  because i get the feeling i would have never known at all." ushijima nods.

"im just gonna go home, alright? thanks for talking to me." i stand up, heading toward the door. "are you sure youre going to be okay?" i hear genuine concern behind me. i turn and give him a little smile. "yeah, ill be okay."

i was indeed NOT okay. i just got fucked over by someone i loved. was this some kind of sick fucking joke?? oh i know tendou likes me but who cares? im just gonna start fucking bland ass karasuno boys because im the worst! i shake my head, angrily trudging toward my house. i stop mid way and look at the clear blue skies and think, at least i know now. at least i know to cut that girl off completely.

words: 1053