p r o l o u g e

"Are you sure this is a good idea? The kids are only 4, Y/n. They--can't you just wait until they've manifested their quirks? Or if they ever get one," Izuku asked, the tone of his voice seemed to sound worried.

"I've waited long enough, Izuku-nii. Besides, Mom insisted on taking care of the kids while I make my way up in the hero rankings. This was my dream since we were kids, and you know that." She replied from the other end of the line.

"I know, but--it's still risky!! He might find out, isn't that what you were avoiding for 4 years?!" Izuku's voice raised a bit.

"It'll be fine, I can handle this. He won't find out, ever."

"You better have everything planned out. But remember, I'm here if you need any help at all, for you and for the kids." Izuku said with a smile, his voice sounded genuine this time.

"Thanks, big bro. I know I can always count on you, but I will try my best on handling this one."

"Anyway, when will you arrive? Do you have everything packed? I'll be driving you back from the airport to the house, just tell me and I'll ask for a day off," Izuku offered. Y/n just shook her head.

"No! You don't need to do that, we can just take a taxi to Mom's house. We'll be staying there for a week until I find a house near Mom's so she can still take care of the kids."

"I insist, Y/n. Just text me when you'll arrive, and then we'll pick you up! Oh, and I'll take Ochako with me so she can meet the kids!" Izuku suggested enthusiastically.

"Oh I missed Uraraka-chan! I'm so excited to see her again!!" Y/n beamed.

"Well, you three go on ahead and get some rest. You have a long flight tomorrow! Can't wait to see you three!"

"Can't wait to see you too, Izu-nii! I'll see you soon," Y/n said with a smile and hung up.

"Mama, where are we going tomorrow? Why is our things boxed up?" The little girl asked, voice so soft and calm.

" 'Tsuya-chan, we're going home tomorrow." Y/n patted her head.

"But this is our home! We're not going anywhere!" The little boy angrily said, his little nose puffing out air.

"It is, but we're going to our real home where your uncle and grandma is. Don't you want to meed your greatest uncle Izuku?" Y/n calmly explained.

"No! He's just a normal uncle, I want a hero uncle!" The little boy exclaimed.

"You have lots of hero uncles back at home, 'Tsurin. And they would love to meet you." She smiled and patted her head.

"Well--!! If they want to meet me, then I guess we can go there," The kid stuttered, his cheeks turning pink as he scratched the back of his head.

'Oh my babies, they're just like him.'