e i g h t

"Mom, please stay safe. If anything happens, call me. I'll be there as soon as I can!" Y/n reminded. It had been two days since Izuku's last visit, and as promised, Inko and thw twins will be out maxing out Y/n's ATM and credit card for their shopping. They'll be in the mall all day.

"You two, I want you both to behave! If I hear you complain or even misbehave or act up at grandma, you will go home right away! Do you understand?!"

The twins nodded in fear, scared to make their mother mad. They've never really disobeyed her before, due to the fear of knowing what will happen if they made their mother mad.

"Good. Now, I have to go and work, okay? My patrols are just near the mall so if anything happens, hopefully nothing happens, I'll be nearby and ready." Y/n patted their heads.

"I wish we could see you in action, mama! I wanna see you use your quirk!" Katsurin exclaimed.

"It's dangerous, 'Tsurin. Maybe someday. Now, be safe okay? I gotta go," She knelt down and got attacked by kisses, and then she finally left with a wave.

Y'n made her way to the station where she was assigned to. She checked her phone after she felt it vibrate.

"I won't be able to join today's patrols due to an important meeting with my father. I'll see you later at the office. Stay safe." A text from Shoto.

"Noted. Just text or call me if you need me." Y/n replied. When she was about to hit send, Y/n felt her body crash into someone.

"Ouch! Please watch where you're going--Y/n!!"

Y/n looked up to see the familiar red hair and pointy teeth.

"Kiri!" Y/n smiled.

"Nice to see you again! What are you doing here?"

"Oh, just patrols. I was supposed to be with Shoto but something came up so I'm doing patrols in my own," She explains. "How about you?"

"I'm in a mission, actually. With a few other pro heroes. You'll see them wandering around. We've received word that there's an attack that will happen, that's why we're all on edge today,"

"If there's an attack... Then why aren't the top 3 heroes here?"

"They'll be here, don't worry. It's a large scale attack and a lot of villains are expected to show up. We didn't want the public to worry and alert the villains that's why there are less pro heroes who are in the top 10 that are wandering around." Kirishima explained.

"Well, that's a bit scary..."

"Yeah, that's why we have to be very  alert. Hey, wanna do our patrols together?!"

"Sure! My route is that way," Y/n pointed towards the other side of the street.

"Me too--!! "

Suddenly, they both heard some screams from a distance. The two wasted no seconds and ran towards the direction of the screams.

A building was on fire. They heard sirens and the people were helping trapped citizens inside.

Y/n rushed inside the building while Kirishima stayed outside to break some debris that have fallen so the entrance would be much wider for the evacuation part.

Y/n moved her hands from left to right, making the flames dance against her direction. She raised her arms up and slowly brought them down, trying to take control over the fire. She rushed to the higher floors and cleared out the hallways for the people to go through.

Y/n heard the firefighters start extinguishing the outside if the building. When she saw that there are no more people in, she rushed downstairs and helped with putting out the flames using her quirk.

When the building was fully extinguished, they were thanked by the crowd.

"That was awesome, Flarean! It's been so long since I've seen you in action!" Kirishima complimented.

"Thanks, Red Riot! Thank you for clearing out the entrance, I wouldn't have gotten out if you didn't," She sighed in relief.

The two then left the street and proceeded with their patrols.