s e v e n t e e n

"Y/n,"

"What?"

"Will you give me a chance to start over?"

'..what?'

"I don't want this kind of set up. I want to be a good dad to the kids. Our kids. I may not be.. as perfect as I thought. I'm selfish. Prideful. I step on others just to get to the top. But I don't wanna be like that anymore... I wanna start a new life with you."

"You can. But it doesn't have to include me." Y/n nonchalantly replied.

"Of course it does. The past years that you were gone, I was nothing but a miserable garbage. I knew I was horrible. But seeing Katsurin and Katsuya... They're making me change for the better. I'm mad at myself for not knowing that I got you pregnant. I could've been beside you the entire time you were gone."

"I had my reasons, Katsuki."

"And they were fucking stupid. Leaving me here and raising the kids on your own? And for what, so I can reach my dream of becoming the number one hero? I'm still a loser after you left, Y/n."

"That's out of my control, Katsuki. I did what I thought was good for the both of us. If I hadn't stayed away,  you would have to take responsibility and be forced to give up your dream. I loved you so much that I couldn't let that happen."

...

"Do you still love me, Y/n?"

...

"Katsuki--"

"Because I know damn well I haven't moved on since you left. I may have screwed around, but I couldn't get you out of my mind even after those."

"I don't. I don't feel anything towards you anymore."

Lies.

"All I can give you, Katsuki, is a stable relationship just for the kids. That's all."

Another lie.

"Will you give me a chance?"

Katsuki pulls her closer, their noses touching. Their warm breaths touching each other's faces.

"I don't know."

Stop lying.

"Please, Y/n."

Make up an excuse.

"I can't,"

"And why not??"

"Because I like someone else."

Stop lying to yourself. Please.

"Oh," The grip on Y/n's waist suddenly got loose. "I-I understand."

"I'm sorry," Y/n whispered and moved away. "You can sleep on the bed, I don't mind. Just don't get too close,"

"Okay. Thank you." Katsuki shortly replied and got settled on the bed as well. His back was turned to Y/n.

Y/n wasn't able to sleep well. All she could think about was why the hell would she say that. She didn't even like someone else. It was only Katsuki from the start. So why would she impulsively say that?

Katsuki had to force himself to sleep, despite fighting the urge not to. He wanted to stay awake and think about whoever the fuck Y/n liked.

And he eventually figured it out.

-

Morning came. Y/n was the first to get out of bed, immediately heading to the bathroom and then to the kitchen. She wanted to make at least breakfast before she left for work. The smell of bacon and pancakes filled the entire apartment, waking up the twins from their rooms.

"Good morning mama!"
" 'Morning,"

"Good morning, babies."

"Where's papa? Did he leave?" Katsuya asked with a pout.

"He's still asleep. You can go ahead and wake him up," Y/n replied and placed another batch of pancakes on the table.

"Okay!" Katsuya cheered with a smile, and then running to Y/n's room.

"Did you sleep well, Katsurin?" The boy nodded, hand scrubbing away the sleep from his eyes.

"You two better behave, alright? This is the first day you'll be spending some time with your papa. Don't give him too much of a head ache, okay?" Y/n reminded yet again.

"Yes mama," He replied.

a/n

will be doing two updates today so stick around for more ! thank you so much for reading, i really appreciate it.