e i g h t e e n

trigger warning.

gaslighting gatekeeping girlbossing manipulating mansplaning malewife shoto todoroki in this chapter. if this topic is sensetive to you or you are avoiding this kind of topic, i advise you to skip this chapter.

(lol)

"Flarean! Take care of the fire at the entrance and I'll go after the villains!" Shoto shouted and bolted, running after the villain at full speed. Y/n got to work immediately, using her flame quirk to tone the fire down and help the citizens evacuate.

"Yet another save by number 3 pro hero Shoto, and our new pro hero Flarean!" Some reporters came rushing in at the scene, trying their hardest to get an interview. Shoto calmly pushed them off, telling them that they have a job to do and that they are busy to answer any question.

_

Lunch time went by quickly, and they already responded to 7 emergencies from morning to noon.

"Y/n, wanna eat at somewhere nearby?"

"Oh, yeah, sure!" Y/n agreed, almost hesitating. She and Shoto walked side by side, casually striking up a conversation as they walked towards a nearby ramen shop.

"I heard you live near your mother, I heard from Deku. How are things since you moved in?" Shoto asks before stuffing his mouth with cold soba.

"Pretty good, I guess. Never been happier since I moved back," She replied with a smile, then proceeds to take a bite.

"About what happened a few days ago," Shoto starts, pausing for a bit to see her reaction.

"Well, what about it?"

"Are those kids... Really yours?"

"I think this is a personal matter, Shoto. I'm afraid I cannot answer that." Y/n tried to look away, her voice stern and still.

Shoto let out a chuckle, "So they are."

She stayed silent.

"I assume Katsuki Bakugou is the father?"

Lips pressed into a thin line, still silent.

"Is that why you left for, 4? 5, years?"

Still no answer.

"You know, I never lost feelings for you. I still like you."

Y/n's eyes quickly diverted back up and stayed unmoving, just staring at Shoto's.

"Y/n. I don't care if you got pregnant with Bakugou and have kids now. If you'll let me be part of your life, I'll take those kids and treat them as my own. If you'll give me a chance." Shoto said, seriousness hinted in his voice. He leans in and holds Y/n's hand. "Please give me a chance."

Her brain processed the situation way too fast for what it can process. Her voice was stuck in her throat and her heart suddenly felt like it wasn't working anymore.

She was about to give in.

But then an image of her twin babies popped into her head, along with their father, Katsuki Bakugou.

She remembered when Katsuki first embraced his twin kids. He had a genuine smile plastered across his face. Katsuya was smiling as well, her big smile caused her eyes to disappear. Katsurin was bawling his eyes out to the thought of finally being with his dad.

Katsuki was smiling at the kids, then hugged them tighter. The memory was replaced by an image of Katsuki holding the twins as they are babies, when Y/n just gave birth to them.

Katsuya and Katsurin.

Katsuki.

Those three people in her life that can complete her.

"Y/n, I'm not rushing you," Shoto said, making her mind short circuit. "But I just want to remind you that Bakugou is going out with someone as of the moment. Are you really gonna let him come into your life that easily?"

Is she really gonna let him?

"You were gone for five years, Y/n. But Bakugou didn't care. He started screwing around with his fans and other pro heroes. He never cared even when you went away for Five. Years."

Did he really not care?

"He didn't even ask Midoriya about your whereabouts. He didn't exert any effort to find you."

Now that he mentioned it, Izuku didn't say anything about Katsuki looking for her. Not once.

"He never cared. He only does now because of your children. But he doesn't care about you. I know that in the span of five years he doesn't know about your kids. Are you really going to let him in the kids' life so easily?"

No.

"Y/n. I'm always here by your side. I was so devastated when you left. I never lost feelings for you. I still like you—no, I still love you."

Her mind stopped working, it couldn't process anything anymore.

Y/n got up from her seat, startling Shoto a bit. She grabbed him by the collar of his hero costume. She stared at his eyes at first before closing the gap between them, their lips meeting for the first time.