Chapter 12. Happy holidays.

Xander's P.O.V

I had a busy week. I made sure that I was well-rested for the party. Jessica was going to handle everything. I decided to stay in bed till ten a.m. on the day of the party. I got out of bed when Jessica sent me a text. I took a shower, then went to have breakfast in the kitchen. The house was full of people. I almost bumped into one of Adam's employees on my way to the kitchen. The girl bowed her head to me even though it wasn't her fault, then continued working. I smiled when I saw Adam. He was busy baking something. Adam closed the oven, then greeted me with, "Good morning, Xander."

Adam grabbed a glass and poured some juice in it for me. He handed the glass to me, then asked me, "Would you like to have breakfast now, Xander?" I took a sip, then responded to Adam with, "Yes, I'm hungry." Adam grinned, then stated, "I have prepared something special for you, Xander. I hope that you will like it." I decided to check my messages while Adam warmed up my food. Krista had sent me a dancing Santa gif. I chuckled while watching the short video. Adam placed a plate full of food in front of me, then declared, "The meals will be ready by six o'clock, Xander." I grabbed a fork, then said to Adam, "That's great because some of my guests will be arriving early tonight."

I felt refreshed the moment I tasted the food. Adam was a remarkable chef. Krista ran into the kitchen when I had finished eating. She hugged me from behind, then yelled, "Your house looks very festive, Xander!" I hadn't even seen the decorations yet. I turned around to face Krista, then asked her, "Do you approve of it, princess?" Krista grinned at me. I kissed Krista's forehead, then said to her, "That's all that matters, Krista, because I haven't seen it yet." Krista gasped when she noticed Adam and his assistant. She waved at the men, then yelled, "Hi guys!" Adam smiled at the little girl, then uttered, "Hello, Krista. Did you come alone? Where is your mother?"

I suddenly realized that Nathan hadn't come to greet me. I grabbed Krista's hand, then asked her, "Where is Nathan, Krista?" Krista clutched her hair, then stated, "Silly me. Nathan asked me to get you. He's waiting for you outside with Martin." I quickly walked to the door with Krista. My eyes fell on Nathan the moment I opened the front door. He was leaning against a shiny midnight-blue 1965 Shelby Mustang GT350R. Jax was standing right next to him. I was too stunned to speak. The car and Nathan looked gorgeous. Krista grabbed my arm, then asked me, "Are you alright, Xander?" I stroked Krista's head, then answered her with, "I'm fine, Krista."

Nathan walked over to me, then grasped my hand. He put the car's keys in my hand, then stated, "The car is my Christmas slash birthday gift to you, Xander. I hope that you will have as much fun driving it as I did fixing it." I looked at the car, then asked Nathan, "How did you manage to restore the car in such a short time, Nathan?" Nathan smirked, then answered me with, "Carter and the boys helped me repair the car. They were eager to work on it when they heard that it was for you. They enjoyed their gifts, by the way."

I had noticed that Carter's spray paint booths were quite old. We had replaced our old pray paint booths with a newer model. I didn't want the old spray paint booths to go to waste. So I gifted two of them to Carter. The machines were relatively new anyway. I threw my arm around Nathan's shoulder, then asked him, "But wasn't this expensive car meant for you, Nathan?" Nathan chuckled, then declared, "I knew you would say that, Xander. It was never my intention to keep the car. My father found parts of the car while visiting an auto repair shop in Texas. He knew that I was interested in Mustangs. So he bought them for me. My dad was satisfied with the results. He didn't protest when I told him that I was giving it to you. I can easily earn back the money that I spent on the car. So don't worry about it. It was the only way I could thank you for treating my family like your own."

I smiled at Nathan, then asked him, "Is this why you were always tired, Nathan?" Nathan sighed, then responded to me with, "Yes, Xander. I'm exhausted right now. I decided to change the car's color from red to midnight blue at the last minute. I thought that the dark color suited you better." I patted Nathan's back, then said to him, "Thank you so much for this incredible gift, Nathan. I will put this magnificent piece on display in my car company's showroom. Everyone needs to see your work." Nathan shook his head, then stated, "The car is now yours, Xander. You can do whatever you want with it."