Twenty

A cold bucket of water pulled Mia out of her sleep and she sat up immediately, her breathing rapid as her eyes scanned the empty room.

Her eyes pinned to the man who was placing the bucket down, he must have been the one who had poured water on her. He didn't say anything or turn to look at her before walking out of the room living her alone.

Mia slowly sat up and felt her back hit the wall, she shivered from coldness. Her dress was now stuck on her body just like her hair. Her chocolate eye looked around the place and it looked like an empty basement with no window except for the door that must be the only way out of here.

There was a bucket that they had use to pour cold water on her, a metal bed with a clean mattress. Mia felt like an emptiness fill up her heart and fear and panic emerged in. She felt completely lost unsure of what to do next, a head ache shot through and she winced from the pain.

Mia wondered if Gianni would be here soon just for her sake right, he would find her. Her brothers would never give up on her right but was she willing to just sit here and wait. That wasn't her real character and neither did Mia like to be that kind person.

She slowly stood up and looked around this room one more time, truly there was no other exit other than the door. Mia really needed to escape from this room, she really needed it.

Mia moved towards the door softly and leaned against it trying to listen in on anything but it was all silent, she kept doing the same thing for a while until she gave up.

It was too tiring to stand there and wait, Mia walked towards the metal bed and flopped down on it that it squeaked against the floors.

Gianni sat down on the chair in front of Antonio at the dining table, he looked at the food his mom had cooked then at the man  who he used to call father.

The tension around the table was sharp that it could slice into everything but none of them uttered a word. Antonio would lift his eyes every once in a while to stare at his youngest son but Gianni didn't look interested as he kept devouring his food innocently.

Though it looked innocent, Gaetano and Marco noticed the fury in his eyes but acted as nothing happened and only focussed on their food.

Gianni's phone rung and he immediately took the call, without any more words he just listened patiently before placing the phone down.

His fork landed back on the plate and finally he looked up at Antonio, he smirked but his eyes were laced with fury.

"I used to think that when you make a move you would leave a leeway for me but I was so wrong Antonio " Gianni finally spoke up and there was pin drop silence.

No one had expected him to say something except Gaetano, he just kept eating.

" you just had to follow orders, I control how and when you can leave this business " Antonio replied immediately, he sat and stared at Gianni like he was trying to show who is superior.

" You're really selfish, you didn't deserve to be a father Antonio " Gianni whispered softly, he pushed his chair back and stood up.

"The goods that arrived yesterday are now in my arms, you have twenty four hours to give Mia back to me or else I will burn it all down " Gianni whispered, though his voice was soft it was really laced with venom.

Hearing this Antonio stood up in shock wanting to reply but Gianni was already walking out of the house, Marco and Gaetano didn't also stay long and followed behind Gianni.

Antonio hated it so much when things didn't go as he had planned, he knew Gianni's capabilities and the more he went astray the more dangerous it would be for him.

Gianni stepped out of the mansion and stood in front of his car, his hands folded in to tight fists that his knuckles started to turn white. His breathing became rapid, his heart sunk in deep waters.

He never expected that Antonio would try to control him, it seemed that he didn't know his boundaries and it's really time to show him that they are grown ups and no longer looking at him for safety.

Gianni leaned against the car with his back to the world while he place his head on the car while hiding his face, he had never faced anything so opposing and stressing like today.

At least from Antonio's face he knew that Mia was safe how about Adriana, he was so worried about that innocent girl. She would always smile at him whenever he had arrived at home and shyly called out to him trying to gain the kind of love she had missed since childhood.

Actually without judging they really loved her so much and now that he had sent her in trouble he felt like strangling Antonio with his bare hands. A hand was placed on his shoulders as if to calm him down and he slowly turned to see who it was.

"Let's go " Gaetano stated firmly then walked around the car and took his place in the driver's seat, Marco took the back seat and they both they turned to look at him while waiting for him to react.

Gianni realized that he had to hold himself together in order to manage the situation, he was afraid that the pressure Antonio was forcing on to him may kill him one day.

He opened the passenger seat door and immediately got in then slumped the door behind him, he turned to Gaetano wanting to know where they were going bit before he could say anything Gaetano could sense his gaze.

"To the Conzalatos "