Thirty One

Mia thanked Gianni's men after they had led their boss inside, back then she would have bothered alone but after having a talk with her brother she felt the strong urge to value herself everyday. To show her self some love every day and be strong and firm with her decisions as she was before she met Gianni.

She closed the door after bringing every thing inside and then turned to Gianni who was sitting on the couch, his beautiful eyes were pinned on her making her bit uneasy. Mia turned to the bags on the floor and decided to transfer them to the bedroom but just as she bent over.

" Mia " Gianni's voice caught her off guard, she stood back up and turned to look at him. It felt like his cold gaze was searching up her soul, she turned to look away, she couldn't bare the power in his eyes.

"You're hiding something from me " Gianni added, he slowly sat up to focus on her, never in his life had he ever thought that this beautiful girl would hold a beautiful place in his heart.

He won't deny the fact that he was completely broken, afraid to trust or love again and be hurt like before but then Mia came in to his life. At first it was amusement but then he started to develop something for her and it scared him that he started to stay away but when she stayed by his side through this and almost lose herself for him, Gianni was now ready to try this relationship with her.

He is ready to tell her about Ayla, take her to his mansion and let her in on his past, pain and vulnerability. He wanted to apologize for all he had made her go through these days and forcing her to marry him but he hoped she felt the same way.

Mia folded her hands in to fists, she knew that since his out of the hospital this is what she should be doing. It was the best for her and for him or she hoped it was.

"Mia..." Gianni continued...

" I want a divorce " Mia replied softly her voice barely audible but turn to look at Gianni who was staring at her, she was sure that he heard her.

"Mia..."

"You don't have to say anything Gianni, I have already packed my every thing and now that you're fine I can leave with calm and I called your family, they would soon be here to take care of you " Mia almost sighed out loud, she couldn't believe that she had managed to say that.

Gianni was still looking at her, he could feel that she had already decided to leave and it seemed like no matter what he said he couldn't convince her to not go. He had a lot to say, words of apology stuck on the tip of his tongue. It was his fault that she also had to leave, he wished to explain to her.

Gianni felt desperate, he wanted to tell Mia the real reason he married her was to get her protected but then how can be explain that he also stayed away to protect her.

With someone on his tail he didn't want what happened to Gaetano's wife to happen to Mia, Gianni sighed softly. He felt a stinging pain in his heart.

" If you want to leave Mia then leave but divorce is out of question, I won't give you a divorce " After he said that he turned his head away, it hurt but not that his war had ended he didn't want to take her freedom away.

Mia stared at Gianni, her lips parted and closed like a gasping fish. Her beautiful doe eyes clouded with tears, he had let her go just like it, she felt so empty and sad.

She had put so much hope in Franco's words and thought that may be Gianni would beg her to stay but he let her go without even asking for a reason, she had a lot to say and explain why she was living him but he actually didn't ask.

It hurt so much, he never felt something for her yet he didn't want to give her back her freedom.

" No matter what you fucking say Gianni am applying for a divorce ..." Mia roared at him, anger rushing through her voice.

" You're not allowed to do that..." Gianni replied coldly.

Her brown eyes locked with blue eyes, he could see the sparks of anger fly his way but it looked so cute that he couldn't help it when his lips raised in to a smirk.

Seeing her chest start to move up and down in anger he wondered if any one ever told Mia Conzalato that Di Martino men never divorce their women.

She can go but she could still be his