Twenty Nine

It has been two weeks since Mia got married to Gianni, even though every thing seemed to normal to the outsiders and his mom but she knew better than anyone that her husband hated her so much.

As she carried the groceries to the penthouse, Mia kept wondering to her self what exactly she was still doing in this marriage, is it because of what she was feeling for Gianni or was it the trust fund.

Damn she had even forgot about the trust fund and it was the main reason why she got married in the first place, she had to go and pick up her money and spend it like a mafia reckless heiress she is but the more Mia thought about it, she started to realize that was a kind of life she can't manage any more.

She was now married and to Gianni of all people, never in her life had she ever thought that she would have to be careful around him. That man was scary but then again it didn't drag away the feeling she felt for him.

The attraction she held for him wasn't dead yet and in fact every time she gazed at him she knew that she wanted more, a wedding night maybe. Mia sighed softly as she placed everything on the kitchen counter, she looked down at her messy clothes and realized that maybe she should first take a shower then come back later to make dinner for the both of them.

Though she does this every day, Mia realized she was always the only one on the dining table and Gianni rarely came back to this place. She remembered properly that the first days she had chased she knew that he loved this place.

Mia started asking herself where she had actually gone wrong in all this, what was she to do to make him at least try out this marriage. Mia got out of her clothes and looked at herself up in the mirror that was placed above the sink in the bathroom.

She was beautiful, in every angle. From her brown hair to her doe eyes to her pink lips. Of course she had the Conzalato genes but all this meant nothing to Gianni.

Mia didn't know why she was starting to get depressed because of this marriage, maybe she should just end everything between the two of then and ask for a divorce. There was no use in staying here, she should be hurting out there than in here, her heart ached so much that all she wanted to do was cry.

A loud crash caught her off guard that she jumped back in shock with a hand on her chest, Mia immediately grabbed a towel off the rack and wrapped it tightly around herself before running out of the room towards the where the sound had just come from.

She walked in to the living room and froze at the sight of the body that lay flat on the floor by the door, Mia sighed out in relief while looking at the grey suit. She didn't know how a smile creeped onto on her beautiful face but it actually did.

Mia rushed forward when she realized that the beauty in a grey suit was trying to stand up but failing, she held onto him and tried to lift him only to land back down with him.

"Damn it Gianni, you're so heavy " Mia cursed out loud. She stood up and held on to him again, he was so heavy that she felt like all her bones are about to pop out of their sockets as she led him to the couch.

Mia let go immediately and he flopped down, she stared at him for a while as her thoughts kept wondering. This is the first time that she had seen Gianni this drunk, she wondered what could bring the controlled man to this state.

Is it something related to her but no, her and Gianni have never been in the same sentence and not right now can they be in the same sentence. Mia sighed though it was in this situation that he came back but he did after so many days and that enough made her smile wildly.

She had always thought that she was his house keeper and Mia was really getting used to an empty house but now that he is right in front of her then there's nothing wrong with treating him better and maybe he may realize that she is good woman after all.

She walked to the kitchen, she had to make him something to help him sober up a bit but before she could get to further away. Mia smelt something metallic that made goosebumps rise on her skin.

She turned to Gianni and it's only now that she noticed the red on the floor where he had fallen earlier, and trail to the couch. Mia gasped in shock as she looked at her white towel that was also soaked.

That was why there was no trace of alcoholic smell on Gianni, Mia panicked and rushed towards him once again. She grabbed on his shoulder and turned him around.

Mia stumbled back in shock, he had two bullet holes. One on his chest and the other on his belly, a loud sob escaped her lips.

Her hands shook badly as she rushed to the bedroom to get her phone, she hoped that he would be patient with her and not leave her yet.