Twelve

Mia sighed when she halted the car and leaned back. Her eyes moved to the hospital block in front of her, she didn't know what was going on with her.

Mia leaned back in her car seat and closed her eyes, when she heard about what happened to Gianni's mom she couldn't stop her self from wanting to see if his okay.

Mia sighed in wonder, what was so wrong with her. Now this is really getting more weird, how will she explain to Gianni that her heart isn't settled until his fine.

Mia sighed out loud and leaned her head on the storing wheel, what was really wrong with her.

Maybe she should just know that a Conzalato can never be with a Di Martino and let Gianni be but can her heart manage.

From the beginning Mia always had things under her control but now she realised when it comes to Gianni she was always at the losing end.

Mia sighed, maybe this was really a wrong idea. She had just asked Gianni to marry her because of her fund, if she really goes in there right now he may think of her in a different manner.

She didn't want to appear desperate though she acted like one before, seriously Gianni was one difficult topic.

Mia sat up and ignited the engine again, her eyes darted to the hospital one more time and she sighed, her heart dropped to her stomach and she immediately looked away.

Mia drove out the parking lot down the road, something deep in her told her to not go but she wasn't willing to listen to it. Her gaze drifted to the back seat through the rear view mirror and she caught sight of the fruit basket she bought for his mom.

Her lips pressed in to a thin line and she turned the car heading into a familiar direction, Mia stepped on the gas and zoomed off deeper in to the forest.

She stopped the car out of no where and leaned back staring intently at the forest. Mia opened the door and stepped out with the fruit basket in her hand, she turned to the forest and walked through the trees deeper and deeper.

Gianni stopped his car right behind hers and leaned back watching her disappear from his view deep in the forest. His intention wasn't to follow her bit when he saw her car Gianni was curious on what she was doing at the hospital.

He some how wanted to be as he was thinking but what if it wasn't, he had gone outside for a minute to have a smoke when he saw her park by the hospital.

Gianni remained where he was and watched silently hoping she would soon step out of the car but she didn't and soon drove off, he was left in wonder of what exactly she was doing there.

Was she there to see someone or did Mia come to show him support and the basket she was holding was meant for his mom, maybe it wasn't like that but deep down Gianni hoped she was there for him.

He wasn't sure what was really going on with him that he dared to follow her but he was a bit curious and maybe he wanted to talk to her, Gianni closed his eyes.

He should just drive back and not do what he was thinking right, he opened his eyes and ignited the car.

His hands held the steering wheel tight but the urge to take off was not as big as his wanting to know, he sighed and turned off the car. Gianni opened the door and stepped closing it right behind him.

The evening breeze blew his way some how calming his nerves, he took a step forehead followed by another until he himself was disappearing deep in to the forest.

He followed her track and shoe marks on the soil until he was out in an opening, the clear sky welcomed him so was the evening. Gianni stood still, he had never in his life seen such a beautiful and calm place.

The green covered the floor to the edge where the girl he was following was seated with her back to him and a fruit basket next to her. Her eyes on the rock mountains and clear skies far away.

He stood still for a minute not sure on what to do, should he let her know of his presence or not. Gianni stood still and sighed, he should just go back to the hospital.

Mia sensed a presence behind her and carefully turned around, her gaze locked with a cold blue one and her lips parted in surprise.

Her heart almost jumped out of her chest at his handsomeness and for minute she wondered how he could be here, Mia pushed her self back and slowly stood up avoiding to fall off the cliff like her late sister in law.

She fully turned to Gianni holding his gaze once again, none of them had said a thing to each other not even once. Mia felt like her palms were sweating and she wiped them on her jacket.

Her eyes lowered and she bit on her lower lip.

"Can I join you ?" A deep voice shook her out of her thoughts and she lifted her head up to him once again, everything was happening too fast and Mia wasn't sure how to react.

If she remembered correctly Gianni never liked her from the beginning and she couldn't blame him, she was used to getting everything she liked either even if she has use force.

"Uh.. Sure " she replied softly and turned back to cliff taking a seat with her feet hanging in the air, Gianni did the same and Mia did her best to avoid looking at him though it was getting really hard.

Her eyes lifted to him and he caught her but she didn't dare look away "What are you doing here Gianni and how do you know this place ? " well Mia just couldn't stop her self from asking that.