Chapter 7

"So who is your new boyfriend?" Messiah asked eating my fries.

"I don't have one," I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever," he mugged me for a long time, "when we getting back together? My apartment isn't home Mac,"

"What?"

"You heard me. Don't act like that kiss didn't mean anything," he said calmly. I ignored him and finished my chicken.

"You said lunch, not counseling," I handed the waitress my card and waited for her to bring it back.

"We need to talk about it Mac. We can't just ignore our feelings for one another. Can we just work on us?" He said as I took my card and the receipt

"We stopped being us," I switched two fingers between the two of us, "when you started being yall," I got up and headed to the car.

"Look," he caught up with me, "I don't want her, you know that. It was a mistake,"

"A mistake is once, you admitted to me it was more than that," I shrugged getting in the car

"You still love me?" He looked at me cranking up the car

"Of course I love you Messiah I never stopped," I said annoyed, "what's your point?"

"Everyone deserves a second chance," he glanced at me

"I gave you that when I stayed with you even after that, but then you go and disrespect me by having her in my house. You just worry about being a good father and example to my kids. I don't need anything else from you,"

I got out and into my own car leaving him there looking dumb. I can't keep giving him chances, then he's gonna think he can get away with murder. I won't stick around and play the fool in this relationship because I can have any man I want. And frankly, I think Kelly would be better at the job anyway.

"Ughhhhhhhh," I yelled in frustration making Messiah look back at me from the door. I ignored him and called my bestfriend.

"Hey birthday girl," she answered the phone cheerfully.

"Hey, I'm coming over before I kill Messiah," I rolled my eyes pulling out of his yard

"I'll unlock the door for you,"

"Okay, bye,"

-

-

Messiah

"Ky she's never gonna take me back man. Especially after you tell her her mom's not dead and your her sister!"

"Nigga calm down. Mac's more understanding than that," he calmly spoke sitting on the couch

"You know Tara is Kenzie's other daughter?" I looked at him rolling a blunt.

"Yea he told me, but you didn't know, so there's nothing you can do," he shrugged

"So MJ is her cousin and her biological brother. This shit crazy," I say back in the couch and closed my eyes. I'm so stressed out.

"She loves you man and she had your kids so y'all stuck for life. She don't give a fuck about Tara ass. She gone stand by you regardless cause she feel like it's her fault she won't giving you none. Not saying take advantage of that, but I know that's how she feel," he nudged me and handed me the blunt.

"How ima get her back? She already got a new nigga,"

"Drama? Ion know man. They say he can steal any nigga woman. I told Na she better stay her ass away from him," he chuckled