Chapter 17

Messiah

"I wish I didn't fuck up so much. I just wanted my son back," I confessed to Kenzie who had me tied up in the pit of the trap.

"You lucky my daughter loves your ass," he sighed untying me, "get up son,"

I got up and wiped my face which was wet from tears

"Listen, just because your woman ain't pleasing you physically don't mean you gotta step out on her. Cause when it all comes down to it, she gone put it down when the time does come. You fucking round with these hoes only getting you a ticket out of their lives. She's probably gone back to her home by now with the kids and you need to give her some time. I would tell you everything, but Mackenzie is grown and Ima let her live her life. What I don't do is let you continue to hurt her. You don't get it right this time, I'll get somebody else to be the man."

I slumped down on the floor and he walked away from me. Everything he said was totally right and I need to get right.

--------------- 1 year later -----------------

Mac

"Mommy I'm 5 now?!" Carter jumped up and down excitedly

"Yes baby." I kissed his forehead and he went to play with the other kids.

It was hard putting this party together, but with the help of my family, I did it. We decided to have it at my old house because there's much more room there. No, Messiah doesn't live here anymore. I told that motherfucker he'd better have his shit out by Friday, and sure nuff, his shit was gone. I ain't playing nomore.

Being a single mother isn't as hard as I thought it would be. Yes, I want to send the kids off somewhere to be alone some days, but that's every mother. The twins just turned 5 and Alaya is all of 10 and spoiled as ever.

I refuse to let Messiah see the kids even though we still live in Georgia. None of my kids are biologically his and if he doesn't want to be a father to them, he can be satisfied with Maliah.... I mean, she is his. Tara and I have even developed a relationship over this past year and she stopped tricking. She is actually engaged to some Mexican mafia guy, Carlos. He's a real sweet heart and he's really good with Maliah.

"Hey sis," Tara came over and hugged me

"Hey girl, where's my niece?"

"Playing with the kids, and Carlos is with dad. How are they enjoying the party?" She sat down with me on the lawn chairs

"Good." I replied simply

"Did you invite him?" She asked hesitantly

"Why not?"

"I don't wanna talk about it Tara." I sighed

"You know he loves those kids like his own Mac." She gave me a look

"Whatever, I'm going to use the bathroom," I lied going into the house. I was too lazy to go upstairs so I went down the hallway to Messiah's old office.

I was about to open the door when I heard voices coming from the other room. Alaya was laying on the bed on FaceTime

"Yes they're outside playing," she answered

"Ok and where is your mom babygirl?" I sighed in relief, it was her Uncle Ky.

"I don't know. Can I come see you and KJ today?" She asked excitedly

"No, we're coming to see you in a little. Uncle Jessiah and Nathan are coming too."

"Really?" Her eyes lit up