Chapter 8

"She has a little head trauma, but she's okay. She might have a little headache." I heard a voice say. I blinked repeatedly trying to adjust to the light.

"Thanks doc," I heard Messiah's voice

"Messiah," I croaked out

"Baby, what happened? You were talking to your dad then You fainted?" He ran to my bedside rubbing my head

"She's not dead,"

"What? Who's not dead?" He looked confused. Right then my dad and Michelle walked in. I mugged them purposely.

"Messiah can we talk to her,"

"Yea man." He shook his head and left out of the room.

"Speak," I sighed

"Mac don't play with me. I don't have anything to explain to you. I did have another little girl, and I kept her from you because I didn't want to raise two kids on my own. Her mom brung her around when she was a baby, but she stopped when Michelle died- faked her death, excuse the error. Your mother, or should I say carrier, had a child with Bobby, my best friend, before you and sent him away when the results came back that he wasn't mine." He trailed off.

"Did you know she's Messiah's babymama? Huh?!" I cut him off angrily.

"No I didn't," he shook his head. They both stared at me looking guilty.

"You gonna explain?"

"Yes," she nodded, "I sent Kyron off-"

"Kyron?!" I yelled in disbelief

"Yes, he was Bobby Jr., but Messiah's parents renamed him. Anyways, when I found out I was pregnant again and I knew for a fact it was Kenzie's I promised I'd do the best I could to raise you right."

"That is until she faked her death and left us," my dad cut in.

"Let me explain.... When I escaped from India Bobby was the one who helped me get on my feet and get stable. I got pregnant and he began beating me after Kyron was born. Your father would always come and save me ass," she chuckled and glanced at my father who mugged her,

"I sent Ky to the system when Kenzie and I started sleeping around a year later and I got pregnant. Yes, he and Bobby were still partners, but I'd disguise myself or hide from him when he came around. One day, a few years after you he got suspicious. I could change my look, but my accent never left. He popped up at the house unexpectedly. I went to the door, not looking to see who it was. He beat my ass right then and yelled at me about how I'd better get his son back or he'd kill Kenzie and you," she walked closer to the bed crying

"I couldn't let him take everything from me we built. I was and still am in love with your father and I knew he wouldn't believe me because their relationship had already been mended... I got some of Kenzie's men to help me with the plan. I didn't mean for you to see it, but it happened the same day Ky came and visited us. He remembers too. Kenzie took you and left as I laid on the floor in fake blood. As soon as you guys left, so did I in hopes that we'd meet again. I started my own empire as Lady M in Chicago. I heard news about Bobby being dead, but I didn't know where to find you until I spotted Ky in a store about 6 years ago. We agreed he and his adopted brother, Messiah, would watch over you for me. I wanted to be in your life, but how could I tell my daughter and husband I faked my death."

"The same way you are now," I said with an attitude.

"You had already moved on. You grew up so beautifully, your dad got a new wife, you had kids, it was all too much," she cried. As much as I wanted to hate her, I couldn't. I reached out and hugged her until she let go.