Chapter 25

Had to rewrite part of this chapter. Sorry for the delay!

"Wassup ma. You been crying?" He said looking at me sleepily. I nodded and walked in.

He closed the door behind me and I just plopped down on the couch explaining everything. I caught my eyes drifting down his body. He didn't have on a thing but a pair of Ralph Lauren boxers. If Quan and I didn't see each other as this brother sister type thing I'd be all over his ass.

"So you got Messiah to apologize? Stop lying man," he sucked his teeth looked at my crazy

"I'm serious," I chuckled a little taking some of his cookies

"That's crazy as hell, but hey you can't keep living for everyone else all your life Mac. You need to take some time off. You know pops and your mom don't mind keeping the kids."

"I know, but I don't like being away from them. You know that," I admitted. I'm so afraid they'll get harmed by someone I'm sometimes scared to even let them go to my parents house. What if something happens to another one of them?

"All I'm saying is.. Stop living for other people. You are not superwoman. And yo little ass sure ain't invincible," he thumped my forehead and sat down with a carton on butter pecan ice cream and two spoons.

We just sat at talked for the remainder of the afternoon like he, Kali, and I used to do when we were kids. Talking about everything under the sun. It felt good to know I have somebody who understands me. Quan is that one friend who tells me the truth, not what I want to hear. I appreciate him for that.

By the time 12:00 hit, I had showered and changed into some clothes I had left from when Quan's girlfriend, Anika, and I were house sitting. The guys were out of town and my house has all the fancy cameras and security while Quan has a simple alarm that talks when you open the door so we stayed here. Trust and believe me I do not like they bitch. She's only with Quan for the money, but it don't take a genius to figure that out. Maybe he sees some good in her. The hell if I know.

"So you think yall will ever be the same?" He asked putting the empty carton on the table.

I shook my head no and picked up my phone trying to avoid conversation. I had so many cases at work, but I know my people would handle them. I kinda wanna go back before these six months are over, but I'll have to do some thinking about that.

"Well I just hope this Vernell nigga is the right one. Messiah wouldn't let you date anyone else,"

"How do you know?" I shot my head at him. Messiah doesn't let me do anything. I'm grown as fuck.

"He called me. Nigga gossips like a damn woman," he chuckled shaking his head

"Messiah just got back how does he even know?"

"How you think?"

"Kenzie big head ass," I rolled my eyes.

"Aye yeen gone talk about pops like that. You know Ky and Messiah are his pride and joy besides you." He pushed me making me fall over on the couch

"What you not gone do is hit me," I slapped the back of his fade.

"I don't hit women...... But you're an exception," he chased me around the entire house before finally catching me between the washer and dryer. I tried escaping, but he had me.

"I'm sorry Quan pleaseeeeee!" I begged with my puppy dog face

"I hate you," He mumbled letting me get free. I kissed his cheek and ran off into the living room.

I sat on the kitchen counter Indian style after getting Quan to cook tacos. Quan sat beside me stuffing his face. I swear this nigga eats like he doesn't eat for months at a time. It looks like he's choking