Chapter 8: Hate crime

•Hate Crime

~Hate crimes are any crimes that are targeted at a person because of hostility or prejudice towards that person's:

-disability
-race or ethnicity
-religion or belief
-sexual orientation
-transgender identity

This can be committed against a person or property.

Y e r i . P O V

I saw Jisoo drop as she screamed in pain , a bunch of ambulances and two fire trucks had arrived at café which was now in flames , I called one of the fire fighters and pointed at Jisoo as he ran towards her . I then looked around to find Nate and then it hit me HE'S STILL IN THERE!! ,"someone's still in there!!" I yelled loud enough for everyone to hear me , fire fighters then ran towards the building , they tried pushing the door but It wouldn't budge, the worst thoughts Started to flood my mind and unknowingly I started to cry . Liam was in comma and now Nate might..............no , I shouldn't think like that , I then quickly wiped my tears away , trying to get rid of all negative thoughts. I shouldn't break , no matter what .

The fire fighters managed to get the door open and they Immediately got Nate out , he looked........... lifeless. They got him into an ambulance and I made my way towards it "I'm his close friend ,can I please come with him?" They looked conflicted, but soon agreed . Yeonjun was taken to the hospital just when Jin brought him out , so I'll need to check on him when we get there but to be honest that wasn't my priority. I looked at Nate and I honestly felt worried , he was still breathing luckily but from the small monitor that was above his head ,he didn't have a stable pulse , he must've taken in a lot of the fumes from the explosion . I grabbed hold of his hand and it felt rather cold , it scared me a little, he was in such a hot area , shouldn't his body be warm or even hot right now , was he ............... dying?! I looked at the monitor once again and this time his stats looked even worse .

We got to the hospital and they quickly took him to the ER , I wanted to follow but I knew they wouldn't let me in , I took this chance to call the others and inform them about what happened , the first person who came to mind to call was konane. I took out my phone and it was shattered , but luckily still usable.

"Pick up , pick up ,pick up , pick UP!" I repeatedly said as I impatiently tapped my foot on the hospitals floor with people giving me looks, he finally answered and I didn't give him any time to say hello , "Konane , get to the hospital Liam's at RIGHT NOW! ,"Is he awake?!" ,"No its Nate , he's in the ER" the call just cut so I assumed he was on his way . Konane is practically our big brother , he cares about all of us so much and it's honestly crazy . I could easily compare him to a father , thinking of this relaxed me to an extent.

A few minutes passed and konane barged in with Jeremiah and Amitola behind him , their eyes widened when they saw the messed up state I was in ,"Yeri! What happened to you?!" Amitola asked , but before I could answer, konane spoke "what's going on , why is Nate in the ER?!"before I could answer that too , Jeremiah spoke "I heard about an explosion, were you guys involved?!" ,"Let me speak!" I yelled as they all kept quiet ,"I believe you all remember yeonjun" I said as they all nodded their heads "well him , Nate and I went to the café after the protest and out of nowhere there was an explosion , luckily Nate and I weren't badly hurt-" ,"then why is he in the ER?!" Konane interrupted as I glared at him, he kept quiet but I could tell he was forcing himself too "as I was saying, him and I weren't badly hurt , but yeonjun had hit his head pretty bad , I managed to get to safety but Nate decided to stay in and help the twins and their parents get out , I don't know what happened inside but something had blocked the door , leaving him stuck in the café which is completely burnt down by now . Fire fighters managed to get him out but he inhaled a lot of fumes , I assume that's why he's in the ER, the nurses and doctors didn't tell me anything so it's just an assumption" I looked at them , konane then grabbed his hair and begun walking around , saying a number of unpleasant cuss words , Jeremiah and Amitola looked worried too "Yeri why are you so calm about this!" Konane's sudden outburst made me flinch ,"Konane calm down" Jeremiah said trying to cool Konane ,"calm down?! Liam got into a comma JUST LAST NIGHT and now Nate is in the ER , how the heck do you expect me to 'calm down'!" He had a point though, I should be just as stressed as him , but I guess it's just how I was raised . A doctor soon came out ,getting all our attention .