Chapter 15 : I have a boyfriend

A m i t o l a. POV

Yeri had just left for church and I was about to leave too to meet Benjamin, I decided that telling him the good news in person would be better so I told him to meet me at the library in 10 minutes. I got out and went straight to the elevator, I was nervous but I didn't know why .

I got to the library and said hi to Mrs Beckham , I got in and texted Benjamin to ask where he was , "Oh Amitola" I turned around and saw him , I guess this is when he's getting here , "hey Benjamin , I thought you were already here" , "sorry I got caught up somewhere, so what did you want to tell me?" He asked . This time around he was dressed in blue jeans , a plain white tee and white sneakers , his ginger hair still as curly as before , possibly even curlier . Oh wait he's talking to me , "oh um........well I talked to my friend , you know , the one I told you whose Dad had a publishing company? So yeah , I asked her and she said she would talk to her Dad about publishing your book" I said giving him a big smile , "no way! Seriously!" He excitedly asked as I nodded in response, he pulled me into a hug, picked me off the ground and spun me around in his arms , something that I remember Liam would do "Benjamin, do you mind..... um?" , "oh I'm so sorry" he said as he put me back on the ground . "I'm just so happy , thank you so much Amitola!" He spoke , "no problem, so , how's it going with your best seller?" , "great actually, it's going to be a romance" he said as I raised my eyebrows in curiosity , "tell me about it" I inquired, "sure , but um , maybe I can tell you about it tonight, maybe around dinner?" He asked as I looked at his face and noticed that he had freckles, cute. WAIT! dinner? Does he mean , ".....maybe I can take you out on a date. That's if you're free" he said , it seemed he got more and more nervous by the second as his freckle covered cheeks became a light shade of pink , I feel so bad for what I'm about to say......wait do I though? , "I'm sorry Benjamin I can't.." I answered as he looked rather sad , "then maybe another night if you're busy" he persisted , maybe I should've been more clear , "no it's not that I'm busy Benjamin , it's just that , I have a boyfriend" I finally said. If he was sad before , he was devastated now , "oh , I'm sorry I didn't know" , "it's okay , You can still tell me about your book right now though , there's an ice cream parlor near the east wing entrance " I said trying to lift up his mood , which worked , "oh great , let's go then" he said as we left the library.

Hold on ........ did I just ask him out on a date?, I guess I did. Oh my goodness I did!.......I'm an idiot!  if it weren't for Benjamin being next to me I would've face palmed myself .

We spent the entire day talking to each other mainly about books and honestly, it felt ........right , I felt comfortable around him. He had this charm to him one which reminded me so much about Liam , they were so similar that Benjamin could easily be a replacement for Nate as Liams BFF , but for some reason I felt guilty for spending so much time with this  guy . "Hey you good?" He asked , he must have noticed how I zoned out , "uh.......yeah , I am , thank for today Benjamin, I need to get going , my roommate's gonna be home soon and I didn't tell her I was going somewhere " I replied as I stood up , got my purse and looked at the time , it was half past 4 , almost 5 , "oh well , I can walk you home , if that's okay , is it far?" He asked , "oh no , it's the Apartment building just around the corner" I answered as he stood up , "alright then , let's go" he said giving me smile while he paid for the ice cream.

We got to my floor and as the elevator doors opened I saw Yeri and Nathan at our apartment door , my eyes widened as I instantly panicked . Benjamin was about to step out but I pulled him back into elevator and pressed a random button as it closed. Luckily it closed just when Yeri and Nate turned around , they probably heard the ruckus we made , "hey what's wrong? you look tense", he asked as I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in , I don't know why I was so nervous, I mean Benjamin is just a friend, right? The elevator door opened again and Konane was right in front of us , once again my eye's widened, I peaked at the buttons in elevator and noticed I had pressed the guys floor number , Great. "Amy , who's this?" He asked pointing at Benjamin, "um........" , "hi I'm Benjamin, Amitolas friend , nice to meet you" Benjamin answered,waving at Konane with a smile on his face , Konane looked at me with a weird look , "Amitola I hope what I'm thinking right now isn't-" , "OKAY! now that we know eachother , Benjamin thank you for the day , you can get going now , Konane! You! You are going back into your apartment and baking me some muffins" I said ,quickly trying to avoid what I knew Konane was about to say , "I like muffins" Benjamin suddenly spoke as I turned to him in shock , "of course you do" I said with my teeth Gritted , this wasn't happening . "I wonder what's wrong with the elevator, oh hi Konane ...." I heard Nathans voice as he came up to us , he must've used the stairs . He then turned and saw us , "hi Amitola , who's this?" , "I'm Benjamin" this boy couldn't just shut up! "Yeah it seems our Amy here was with him today" Konane said still looking at me . This is bad .

"So ..... how do you guys know eachother" Konane asked as Benjamin and I were now in the boy's apartment with Nate on his phone seated by the counter , "well we met a few days ago at the library.......oh wow , these are good muffins!" Benjamin responded as he took another bite out of Konanes' famous Muffins , speaking of Konane , his eyes were still on me , it's like he knew something. "So you guys are friends?" Nate finally spoke up , "oh yeah , right Amitola?" Benjamin said turning to me , "oh ....um.....yeah . Yeah we are" I answered , "just friends?" Konane asked raising his eyebrow , "yeah JUST friends" I answered with an emphasis on 'just' as I looked at him , he sighed and stood up . "Anyways nice meeting you Benji , can I call you that?" Konane asked , "sure" Benjamin said smiling , "great well, thanks for bringing our Amitola home safely, you can leave now" he said as he walked towards the door and opened it , "oh , alright, um.....I'll text you later?" Benjamin said talking to me "yeah sure" I answered , "bye Benji!" Nate said as he left and Konane slammed the door shut .

"So ..........Benjamin?" Konane begun , giving me a deadly stare , "where's Jeremiah?" I said trying to change the topic , "oh he's at the orphanage helping clean up and guess what , he's met his one true-" Nate replied , "Nathan shut up , she's clearly trying to change the topic" Konane said , cutting Nate off who in return perched his lips . "Look he's just a friend konane" , "Amitola , you tried Getting him away from us , if he was 'just a friend' you wouldn't do that" Konane said . I folded my arms and rolled my eyes , "look Amitola, we're all stressed about what happened to Liam but going around trying to replace him isn't the best way to-" , my mouth dropped, "you're kidding, you think I would do that to Liam!!?" I asked as I stood up in disbelief of what Konane was implying , "yeah Konane that's a bit far fetched" Nate spoke up , defending me , "A bit?! What he's implying is outrageous!!" I said, well more like yelled , "I can't believe you" I added with disappointment in my voice , he was supposed to be a big brother to ALL of us , "look Amy I'm just looking out for Liam , he's still alive you know" Konane said squeezing the bridge of his nose with his index finger and thumb , "oh but you can't look out for me? , Benjamin is JUST a friend and I already told him I have a boyfriend!" I yelled as I let out a heavy sigh, "you know what I can't take this , it seems you can't trust me enough with your precious baby brother Liam" I finished as I stormed out of their apartment and Towards the elevator , I couldn't see anyone right now , not even Yeri . I texted Benjamin asking if he was far , thankfully he wasn't . At least he made me feel comfortable.

I decided to call Yeri to tell her that I'll be back late and told her everything too . "I can't believe Konane of all people would think I would cheat on a guy who's literally fighting for his life right now . I care about Liam too much to do that!" I said as I waited outside the building for Benjamin to come back , "we know you do Amy ,Konane was just being protective over you and Liam ,that's all" Yeri responded over the phone , she had a point , he was just trying to make sure that I don't do anything that would hurt Liam and would in return , hurt me and our relationship  , but I was too angry to admit it and thankfully I saw Benjamin in the distance , "you care about him right Amy?" Yeri asked as I hummed a response , "well then , do you really think going to Benjamin right now would be the best way to show that you do?" Yeri said , I had told her about where I was going and she had a solid point , if I cared about Liam I wouldn't have texted Benjamin after that whole unnecessary argument.

The same thing repeated itself in my mind .....Do I care about Liam? Do I love him?