Chapter 13 : "just A friend"

A m I t o l a. POV

I woke up to the sun hitting my face and I was surprisingly in a good mood . I got up and checked my phone for the time and my good mood instantly disappeared at the sight of my Lock Screen . It was a picture of Liam and I , it was from one of our library study dates . Now that it's Sunday , it's been about 6 days since he got into a comma . Wow to believe that all that happened in less than a week , I chuckled at the thought . Even though I do miss him , the argument we had is still fresh and replaying itself in my mind , now that I had forgiven myself for it , everything he said was now clear in my mind, even what he almost said despite him knowing what happened to my mom .

I heard a knock on the door followed by a voice "Amy , you up?" , Yeri asked, "um..........yeah I am , come in" I said as she opened the door rubbing her eyes and dressed in baby pink pajamas, for a 21 year old she looked like a teenager fresh out of high school and the thought made me laugh , "what are you laughing at?" She asked with a pout , "nothing" I said flashing her a big smile as she then leaped towards me , attacking me with a bunch of tickles .After successfully fighting her off , she got seated and turned to me , "any plans for today?" She asked with curiosity, "no , are you going to Church?" , "yep! Wanted to ask if you would like to come with" I looked at her as she awaited my response. Yeri was a very Spiritual person, she was a devoted Christian and she would always invite me to church and I would usually go with her but I wasn't sure about today , "no, I think I'll just stay home and rest" I said as I stood up and went out of my room as she followed, "alright, I'll be a little late today though, I'm helping out at the orphanage again , do you want me to pick you up some books from the library on my way back?, tomorrows class" she said and at the mention of the word books ,I remembered Benjamin . "Books! That reminds me Yeri , your dad owns a publishing company right?" I asked , "yeah , why do you ask?" She responded grabbing the cereal box and taking out the milk from the refrigerator , "well there's this boy I met...." And before I continued I already saw her looking at me with a smirk on her face and I knew what that smirk meant , "A boy you say" she said with a smug look as I rolled my eyes , "Yeri don't get any wild thoughts" , "oh no , I wouldn't, I'm just curious, so tell me about this "boy"" she said getting a bowl and a spoon . "Well..." I begun as I sat on the counter , "his name is Benjamin and he's a med student here too , a 4th year-" , "oh so an older guy?" She said pouring milk into her bowl with a smirk , "Yeri!" , "okay!, keep going" she said surrendering , " as I was saying , he's a 4th year med student here but he doesn't want to pursue a career in medicine, he actually wants to be an author" , "if he wants to be an author why did he take up med?" She asked now pouring in the cereal , "his family told him too" I replied as she made an 'O' shape with her mouth, "long story short , I told him that he should write a book now and see what happens when he publishes it , if it does well he can try to convince his parents to let him pursue his dream career , the thing is ...... he needs a publisher " , "I'm assuming that's where I come in" she said now eating her cereal , "yep , so do you mind asking your dad?" I asked , "oh not at all, I'm sure he would love to have a new author under his company" , she answered as I got down from the counter and happily hugged her , "great , let me go call him" , "but , wait Amy" she said grabbing my arm before I left , "yeah" I responded, "you two are JUST friends right?, I mean , you seem a little too excited to tell him this" she inquired as I understood what she meant , "don't worry Yeri , we're JUST friends, I wouldn't want to do something like that to Liam , plus he still has my heart despite what happened" , " I hope so" she said as she let go of my arm and I went into my room to tell Benjamin the good news. "I would never do that to Liam" I said to my self .

Y e r i. POV

The church service was over and just when I was about to get out of the church I heard my name being called . It was Lara . "Oh my goodness Yeri where have you been? , you didn't attend any of the Bible study meetings last week!" She said pulling me into a hug . I met Lara a few months ago , she was the first person to introduce herself to me when I first came to this Church , which I found a long time ago when walking around campus and the area around it to get familiar when I got accepted. I didn't start coming here only until a year later . "Hi Lara , I'm so sorry, so much had happened last week and well.......it was a lot" I said , recalling all that happened in my head , "well I'm just glad you're okay , are you joining us to the orphanage?" She asked as I nodded my head . Lara was a 4th year engineering major at Princeton and she was stunning, she had shoulder length blonde hair and the prettiest green eyes ever , everyone in the church loved her and she's the one who even signed me up for the church's youth ministry.

30 minuets later and we arrived at the orphanage , we got out of the church bus and went towards it , it was rather windy today but thankfully I came with a cardigan. We would usually come here to not only help the staff but bring a little joy to the orphans by telling them stories , playing around with them and buying them a BUNCH of doughnuts and I was on doughnut duty this time around . There was this pastry shop right across the orphanage where we would usually order the doughnuts from , and as I was about to pick up the 8 ,rather large boxes of doughnuts , one of the box's slipped out of my arms and almost dropped until someone thankfully grabbed it . "Oh my goodness thank you!" I said as I turned and saw that it was Nathan , "Yeri? What are you doing here?" , "I could ask you the same thing Sir?" I said as he laughed and that smile I loved so much almost blinded me , "I'm here with Jeremiah, he usually asks me to come with him when he visits the orphanage across the street , I was here to buy some doughnuts for the kids" , huh! , "really? that's literally why I'm here and it's were I'm going right now" , "seriously? Well then do you mind waiting for me while I get more doughnuts?" , "sure" I responded. We left and got back to the orphanage as we put the doughnuts down on the table in the orphanage eating area which was quite large , but considering there were 30 kids it made sense .

"So what are you doing here?" Nate asked turning to me , "oh , I'm here with the Church ,we usually come here to help around , do you and Jeremiah come here often? How come this is our first time meeting here?" I Asked , "oh we don't come that often , Jeremiah likes to visit only when he's free" he replied as I recalled what Konane told me about Jeremiah , "you look great by the way" Nate said as I blushed , "well um.........thanks , you don't look that bad either" I responded, "I'm literally in a hoodie with blue jeans" , "hey!......I like my guys in basic fits" I said as he laughed , "your guys?" He asked , my eyes instantly widened , "well........." , "Yeri! Hey we need some help with the kids they seem extra energetic today..............who's this?" And thankfully Lara came to my rescue before I could embarrass myself even more . "Lara , Nate . Nate , Lara" I said introducing the two and I noticed how Lara kept all her attention on Nate , "hi , I'm Lara" , "yeah, Yeri just told me that" Nate quietly responded looking at the floor for some reason , "oh right , yeah ......hehe" she said acting all weird I furrowed my eye brows and it hit me. I knew what kind of weird that was.