Chapter 21 : Peace

peace
/piːs/
noun
1.
freedom from disturbance; tranquillity.

N a t h a n. POV

"Liam's.......................Liam is gone"

The moment those words came out of Yeris' mouth I froze . All I did was stare into Yeris' eyes . I looked at the others to make sure that this wasn't some kind of horrible dream , and to my dismay, it wasn't. I saw Jeremiah lose his balance as he leaned his back on the wall for support with tears in his eyes , I turned to look at Konane who begun hitting the wall in rage , I then looked at Amitola who was still on her knees in shock as she stared at floor and then I looked back at Yeri , and for the first time ever , I saw a tear drop from her eye . I broke down . Rivers of tears flowed out my eyes as I screamed at the immense pain I felt in my heart . I stumbled over to the seats as memories of all the times I spent with Liam replayed themselves in my head . The first day we met , the first time I invited him over to my place , the first sleepover we had , the first thanksgiving dinner our families had together, the day we stayed up all night on our laptops eagerly waiting for our emails from Princeton to see if we got in. The times we defended eachother from bullies. The person who was there when things got tough . The person I would proudly call my 2nd brother . Gone .

I just lost my brother all over again.

I wanted to run. I wanted to get out of here and run. I wanted to leave this place . I wanted to leave earth . I wanted to join Ethan and Liam. I was about to get up but something told me not to , I felt the urge to pray . I tried shaking the thought out of my head but I just couldn't, I just felt like I needed to pray and so I did .

I closed my eyes as I tightly held onto my cross necklace as I quietly muttered a prayer and just as I said "Amen" I heard beeping sounds , I looked up to make sure that I wasn't the only one who was hearing it and I wasn't. Amitola lifted her head up as she quickly stood up , Yeri who had been standing the entire time starred into the room with hope and anticipation while Jeremiah and Konane looked at eachother  , "doctor you have to see this!" I heard one of the nurses say as I slowly stood up , "oh my goodness........" The Doctor whispered as she quickly ran outside the room , "the defibrillator is needed in room 234 STAT!!!!!!" She demanded as more medical aid came in and they slammed the door shut right in front of us , "you don't think?....." Jeremiah asked , "........he's alive" Yeri finished , "yeah.....you don't think he is right?" He asked , "No! Well yes , I mean......he's alive! LIAM'S ALIVE!" She exclaimed as my eyes lit up and I walked over to her , I grabbed her by her shoulders (a little too harshly) and turned her around to face me , she slightly winced but I didn't think too much of it , "Yeri I hope you aren't joking right now , if you are I will NEVER forgive you!!" , "no she's telling the truth , Liam's Alive!" Amitola said with so much excitement. The door opened and the doctor walked out with a smile on her face this time around, "we don't know how but............Your friends alive .... And his opened his eyes" she said , "wait that's a good think right?" Konane asked making the doctor chuckle , "Yes it is , he's not yet fully conscious but this is the most responsive action we've gotten from him , he's responding to the medication, that means that soon enough-" , "he'll gain full consciousness and wake up" Yeri finished with a smile on her face .

Just when she said that I cried even more , but this time they were tears of joy. He did it. Jesus Did it. I subconsciously made my way to Yeri as I wrapped my hands around her, "thank you..... thank you for bringing me closer to him" I whispered in her ear , if it wasn't for her , who knows what I would've done. I took a few steps back , placed my hand on her cheek and looked at her , she looked confused at first but then noticed that I was wearing my cross necklace over my shirt , "oh my.........." She muttered as she covered her mouth with her hand and tears begun to fall out of her eyes . She's actually showing her emotions . All I did was give her a smile . Everyone heaved in relief, the stress , the fear and the anger from before all gone . "guys , Liam's going to be okay , we have a fundraiser tomorrow morning remember" Konane said with so much optimism , I looked around and noticed how everyone was now in a better mood , apart from everyone's tear stained face , we were at peace. Thanks to him.