Chapter 24 : Hypocrite

hypocrite
/ˈhɪpəkrɪt/
noun
a hypocritical person.
"the story tells of respectable Ben who turns out to be a cheat and a hypocrite"

Y e r i . POV

I quickly followed Nate and luckily I managed to catch up to him . "Nate!" I shouted his name as he immediately stopped , it was half past 2 and people were getting ready for the street later so there weren't that many people out otherwise all eyes would've been on me right now . He came closer to me before his steps came to a halt , "I'm a hypocrite" he said looking me straight in the eyes, "I know I said that I was willing to wait and I know I said that I couldn't let you hurt Yeonjun but I guess I couldn't keep my word.........." He then turned to look at the ground , almost defeated , "......I got jealous and irritated and I let my anger get the best of me , I told you not to hurt Yeonjun but instead I'm the one who ended up doing it" he stopped before aggressively running his hand through his hair as he took a deep breath , "I'm sorry , but I just thought it would be best for me to let him know that I have feelings for you". Nate has always come off as someone who was overly understanding but also not that difficult to anger or annoy , I was prepared to have a heated conversation with him but he just simply apologized for going against something he said he wouldn't do , he said he would wait and see what happens but it seems he grew impatient and pretty fast too considering that he said that literally this morning , but with how Yeonjun has been all over me infront of him , it's understandable how he lost his patience.

"Look Nate , Even though I do believe that you could've handled that better , I understand" I simply said as I grabbed his free hand and held it , his hand was noticibly larger than mine so I had to hold it with both my hands to try and sooth him , "just promise me you'll be patient, I'll find a way to get out of this situation since as I said before,  I am the one who got myself into it in the first place". Deep down I truly felt terrible , not for Nate , not for myself , but for Yeonjun . He has no idea that the girl he has feelings for has feelings for someone else , someone else who reciprocates her feelings and want to be together. I've probably thought this a million times now but it's the truth . He deserves better.

"I'm also at fault though, you're in this situation because of me so please don't beat yourself up for it and I'll make sure to try and keep my distance from him..." he paused placing his forehead on mine , "don't worry" and with that soft whisper , I WANTED TO SCREAM!! Not only was this the closest his face has ever been to mine but his voice just sounded so calming, "I don't think it would be the best decision for me to go back there so I'll just head to the fundraiser" he added before walking away as I let go of his hand, something I didn't want to do.

As I walked back to the bakery I noticed a familiar looking girl wearing the exact same shirt as me seated by a bench , "let me guess.....you lost" , "Benjamin ,that bastard!" Amitola said as I giggled and sat next to her , "I told you it was a bad idea" I simply said , Amy groaned as she untied her hair and let it fall , "I should've listened , that guy is such a pain in the butt! What part of 'I have a boyfriend' doesn't he understand!" She whined as I held in my laugh . I sat there as I listened to her complain until it was time for us to return to the fundraiser.

3 hours had passed and it was time for the street , but things were different, Nate and Benjamin switched posts and now with Benjamin being too busy with ingredient duty , he didn't have time to bother Amy . Yeonjun was still here but maintained his distance , he didn't speak a word to me the entire time and neither did Nate. Konane seemed a little.......off I don't know why but he wasn't as energetic as he previously was, apart from the twins , their parents , Nate's Mom , Alfred and ofcourse the couple of the day , everyone was in a different mood.