Chapter 29 : Birthday (Part 3)

N a t h a n . POV

While the others were playing truth or dare and having a good time laughing together , my mind was focused on the girl next to me . I wanted to know why she took so long. I wanted to know where she went , I'm aware I have no right to demand to know such things , but considering how in my eyes I'm basically her boyfriend, I felt obligated to know .

The entire ride I was silent , only answering questions here and there as I only chose truths . As we got out I had calmed down a little , I got a little nervous when Yeri was late and though I don't know why , I'm glad I'm not feeling that way anymore . I decided to shift my focus from my problems to why we're here tonight, to celebrate Konane's 23 years of existence .

We were directed to a small secluded area at the back where we asked the restaurant to decorate , Jeremiah grabbed a blind fold and quickly put it over Konanes eyes , "don't look" Jeremiah said , "Jeremiah you're literally covering my eyes , I don't think I CAN look" Konane replied , the rest of us quickly got in and grabbed birthday hats and put them on before signaling Jeremiah to take the blind fold off , "Happy birthday Konane!" We all cheered as Konane brightly smiled , "I was expecting this but I wasn't expecting THIS" Konane exclaimed as he looked around , the room was quite spacious for the 6 of us and it was decorated with a football theme , with jerseys from some of Konanes favorite teams hanging on the walls and football shaped seats accompanied by a large table in the middle that was made to look similar to how football pitches were . Rectangular, green and lines of lime, the restaurant truely did a phenomenal job. "Man , I truly am grateful guys" he sincerely said before Jeremiah yelled , "Let the celebration begin!"

The night had gone smoothly with jokes and stories being told as we ate , I hadn't gotten the chance to talk to Yeri yet but I still planned on doing it , "Okay, time for birthday presents!" Yeri excitedly said clapping her hands , she brought out 3 boxes and placed them infront of the birthday boy , "open ours first!" Jeremiah said with his arm around Lara , I wish Yeri and I could be like that . I shook the thought out of my head and focused on Konane . Jeremiah's box was rather large compared to the others , I wondered what was inside , Konane took the lid off and sheer confusion washed over his face as he pulled out a smaller box which had a smaller box inside of it and an even smaller one inside of that , "let me guess , this was Jeremiah's idea?" Amitola asked unamused , "he said it would build anticipation" Lara replied as she laughed , "hasn't it?!" Jeremiah happily said , "to be honest the more boxes I open the more I lose my excitement" Konane simply responded as Lara laughed which got her a pout from Jeremiah.

Konane FINALLY reached the final box and it was rather small , he opened it and his eyes instantly lit up , "NO WAY!" Konane exclaimed, "these are- these are Tickets for the Play-offs!!!!" Konane said as Amitola almost choked , "how did you get play-off tickets!", "My Mom works with the event organization crew that provides items for the NFL and she managed to get 2 tickets to the up coming playoffs, she already gets a free pass for the game so I asked if I could have them" Lara answered, "And I will be going with you!" Jeremiah added before Konane walked over to give both of them hugs as he thanked them .

"Try beating THAT Amitola!" Jeremiah spoke , "before that! Open my gift" I said as I pushed over my present, "oohhhh this is heavy" Konane said , reaping off the wrapping paper and opening the box and as I hoped , his jaw dropped, "Nathan Johnson. I love you" he simply said as a smile made its way onto my face , Konane then pulled the helmet out . "A helmet? Seriously?" Said Amitola , taking a sip of her glass of wine , ",it's not just any helmet, it's the exact helmet Jerry Rice wore at his first Super bowl AND it's signed! How did you-" , "before you say anything, there's something I want you to watch" I interrupted as I pulled out my phone and walked over to Konane before tapping the 'play video' icon.