Chapter 31 : Liar

Y e r i. P O V

"Hey, you okay?" Yeonjun asked from across the table , "Um....yeah I am" I answered as I took a sip of my smoothie. It had been about 30 minutes since the talk I had with Nate outside and what he said had been lingering in my head , "I Love you". That was definitely not the time nor the place I would've expected someone who was of the opposite gender to say such a thing. Ever since Konane's dinner last week and the argument we had , Nate and I hadn't talked that much so you could only imagine how surprised I was when he approached me today.

He said he would wait......I guess he waited long enough.

I took a glance at the man infront of me and thought of the other thing he said , does he really think I'm being manipulated? And by Yeonjun of all people? I've known Yeonjun long enough to know he isn't the kind to do something like that and it makes me angry that Nate would try to basically question my judgement. He probably wasn't intending to do that but that's what it felt like. How is he going to accuse a nice person like Yeonjun of manipulatung me and say he loves me all in the matter of minutes? If he loved me as he claimed he wouldn't be trying this hard to control who I hang around! "Ugh!" I groaned , "what's wrong, don't you like your smoothie?" Yeonjun asked , "No it's fine" I replied with a smile.

Maybe I'm just thinking of this in the wrong way . He's simply trying to take care of me but he could do that in a much better way than coming all the way here and threatening Yeonjun........ speaking of which.

"Yeonjun, what exactly did Nate say when he came here?" I asked as Yeonjun looked at me , "Well...........it's not just what he said........" He begun , placing his smoothie on the table , "He came in and practically grabbed my collar, if it weren't for the people around here he wouldn't have let me go. He said he would attempt to hurt me if I didn't stay away from you, I wouldn't have ever thought that he would be the type to resort to something physical" he finished.

He did not.

Everything he said outside, the way he sounded like he cared , the way he looked at me with sincerity in his eyes , only for me to find out he threatened to beat up my friend just so he can stay away from me?

The past week or so I had been realising that Nate was a rather impatient person and to me that was a red flag but now that I know be would go to the extent of threatening someone to "protect me" is beyond what I can accept.

The whole manipulation thing is definitely a lie.

"Wow." I said as I stared at the roof in disbelief.

Am I sure I want to date Nate?

"Don't think much about , he's just acting out since the girl he likes is hanging out with someone other than him, I already decided to forgive him" Yeonjun said . Yeah it's definitely a lie , how can someone this sweet manipulate someone? , "Yeah, I shouldn't think much" I replied.

We soon went our separate ways as I kept thinking of Nate. I don't know why but for some odd reason...........I feel like I should believe Yeonjun.

I made it to the apartment building and as I entered the elevator Nate was about to walk in as well. He paused as we made eye contact, "I'll use the stairs" he said before walking the opposite direction. The elevator door closed as it made a "ting" sound and began to ascend to my floor.

As I opened the door to the apartment I saw Amitola on a video call with someone on her laptop...... Benjamin.
"Thank you so much Benjamin, I'm definitely nailing my test tomorrow!" She excitedly said , "no problem, I had a great time helping you out , it kinda felt like a revision. I'll get going, I'm meeting up with some friends later , bye" Benjamin replied through the screen , "bye" said Amitoal as she shut her laptop.