Chapter 2

"(Y/n)! Wake up! Scotty's coming!"

It's been three days since I first met Fourzero... Or Scotty. I found his real name through Jaren... Of course.

Since then, I'm always excited to see him. He's chatty and fun to talk to, even if I never spoken a word to him, it's still easier to communicate with him than the other three.

"Hello there." The metal door creaked open as that oh so familiar voice called out. Scotty came in with a smile. Holding oatmeal as my breakfast. It's the usual, but it's special since it's him who delivered it.

I smiled widely in delight as Scotty undo the rope. As the rope fell on the cold floor, I gave him a hug. He chuckled before returning the embrace.

"It's good to see you too."

As I let go of the warm hug, my eyes landed on Jaren, who was floating at the door, looking outside.

'There must be someone there.'

"Uh... I was... Thinking..." Scotty stutters as he rub his nape with his palm. He's anxious.

'There is definitely someone there.'

"Can you tell us what you know about the Fangs?"

'CALLED IT!'

I shook my head in reply. I really really have no clue who or what they are. But... If you think about it, I could just ask the spiri- That's it! Why didn't I think about it!?

As Four dropped his head, I raised my finger and tried to tell him I know someone.

"What is it? Do you know someone who knows?" Scotty quickly asked with a gleam of hope in his eyes.

'Well, that was fast.' I gave a surprised look, making Jaren lie down in laughter in the air. "Classic Scotty!"

I nodded in agreement, immediately getting tackled by Four who had the most beautiful smile ever. Or maybe it's been long since I ever saw someone smile.

"That's amazing! Can you tell me who is it?"

I gave a nervous face. I don't know anyone alive who knows what the Fangs are... Or dead!

I used my hand and swiped it on my mouth, making it zip. He got the gist of it, since he gave a nervous chuckle before speaking. "You can't tell me, huh?"

I nodded. After a moment of silence, he quickly tied me up again and left.

<><><><><><><><>

"(Y/n)! Wake the hell up!"

I opened my eyes slowly seeing the metal door open.

"Don't talk! He's going to let you out!"

'Let me out?' I silently groaned as I felt a pain on my neck.

"Good luck, (Y/n)..."

<><><><><><><><>

I groaned in pain as I wake up.

"Oh... You're awake."

I smiled as I remember who owns the voice. "Hey, Brock."

Brock is one of Jaren's friends who also died. It was fascinating how they all died the same time... Well, at least that's what he said...

"How are you, (Y/n)? You've been in the HQ for almost a month."

"I'm good. But I wanna know what happened, though."

Brock floated to my side. I can clearly see the different stab wounds in his body, which are full of blood stains. It was ghostly-like, but still blood.

"I think Scotty just snuck you out. Nothing really happened after that."

He tried to put his hands on my shoulder, which like Jaren's feet, it passed through, giving me chills.

"Sorry. I'm... Still getting the hang of it."
"No problem."

Brock smiled as he floats towards the debris around us. There are a bunch of broken metal bars and wood that are scattered everywhere. This was once a gang base... Until it was destroyed by the Banana Bus Squad... Which is Jaren's team.

I was confused about all of this until Marcel, another friend of Jaren, explained things to me. Turns out that him and the rest of the dead friends were members of a gang with Jaren... But they all died after failing a mission.

Speaking of Marcel; "Where's Marcel? I need to ask him something."

The ghost looked at me with a soft smile, "I think he's somewhere. Probably finishing a beef with them."

Brock is a Trapped Spirit. A spirit that can only roam around the place he died. So he can't really leave this area. Marcel on the other hand, is a Wandering Spirit. A ghost that can go basically anywhere. Jaren is a Haunted Spirit who only roams in a certain place. And another friend, Luke, is a Guardian Spirit... Which needs no explanation.

"Thanks... I'll be right back."
"Take care. (Y/n)."

Brock waves farewell to me as I wander around the city to find Marcel.

'Maybe I can ask him if he knows someone who knows something.'