Chapter 7

I opened the door and saw bodies laying dead on the floor. Blood all over them, which were still warm.

I walked up to the stairs, hoping to see movement from the little girl. I stopped on my tracks as I saw Jon examining the bodies.

"What-"
"Headshots... All by our bullets." He said with a hint of amazement. "She killed them all... With a pistol and a knife."

I gasped in shock, but more in relief... She's alive! My heart calmed down as my adrenaline slowed down. I took a deep breath and was about to ask when Anthony walked towards us from upstairs.

"Our rooms are all trashed, and she wasn't there." He said with a hint of nervousness. At least one of them is concerned.

"Where could she be then?" Delirious asked as I pondered carefully. What will she do? Where will she go- THE CELLS!

I didn't think twice about it as I ran towards where she was once kept. I stopped at the front of where we locked her for almost a month. She must've trapped her inside since it's bullet proof and we were the only ones that can unlock it.

I opened the door carefully as I called her, "(Y/n)?"

I looked inside as I saw her, standing on the corner of the room, her gun raised on her right hand, perfect posture and all, and her knife on her side, full of blood. Her fair colored skin and cheeks are dripping blood, probably from the enemies she killed, since there was no sign of any cuts or wounds in her body.

"Kid! Are you o-" She ran towards me and started sobbing in my chest as I kneel down to her. She was probably scared that her fight or flight reflexes made her fight this way.

Damn... She has everything they can do... And I don't see why they hate her so much!

She cried so hard that I could technically hear her as she buried her face on my vest, rubbing her face as she let go of her weapons and pulled me closer to her.

Yeah.

She definitely has everything that they can do.

I hugged her tightly in a protective way as hers cries slowly died down... Until all I could hear was her soft snores.

<><><><><><><><>

The creak of the door with a couple of mumbles woke me up. I didn't open my eyes since they don't have to know that I'm awake anyway.

"Are you sure about this, Evan?" Jonathan asked as I hear a sigh, possibly from Evan.

"She's a threat! If what you're saying is correct, we can't have her near anyone. Especially Scotty. He's already getting close to her." Evan explained as I feel footsteps growing closer to the bed.

"Again... I'm not certain. It's just my investigation." Jonathan sighed as I feel the kid moving next to me. I totally almost forgot she's here! I hummed softly, trying to protect her from whatever Evan is trying to do.

"Whatever. I'm not gonna let her stay here for another night! She's leaving now, or she'll die."

And just like that, they both left the room.

I opened my eyes and sighed, then looked at (Y/n), who was peacefully sleeping...

⏪⏪ Flashback ⏪⏪

"I cooked pancakes!" She smiled as she handed me a plate with a stack of pancakes drenched in syrup... Just how Brock would make it.

"I don't know why Nogla said that it still needed more syrup. This is basically a way to get cavities." She looked at me with a disapproving look... Just like how Luke would.

I took the fork she offered me and took a few seconds of looking at it; it was designed with my codename... Just the same thing that Jaren would do at his spare time.

And just as I sat down, I get a random hug from her. "Thank you for keeping me here, Scotty..."

Her smile. She's always so pure. Happy. Hopeful. Like Marcel... Like my Boyfriend...

"Why can't they just look at you... In a way like I do?"

<><><><><><><><>

"I'm sorry... But you have to leave."

I told her basically what I heard from Evan... Though I'm pissed about it, I can't exactly disobey him...

She looked at me with a sad yet knowing look. She smiled after a second and nodded... Accepting her faith.

I pulled her into a hug, which she quickly took and hugged back. "I'll miss you, kid."

"I'll miss you, too."

...

...

Eh?

"Huh? Did you just-"
"I'm sorry."

I looked at her as she fiddled with her fingers in nervousness.

"I'm sorry I lied about me being mute. It's just... I don't wanna-" she gulped down whatever was in her throat and continued, "I was scared."

I smiled... I know how she felt... I moved my hand to her chin and made her look at me. I watched her expression turn from anxious to shock to a smile.

"I know how that feels. I'm happy you told me before we separate."

"Um..." she spoke. "Scotty..."

"Yes?" I questioned as she looked down again in anxiety.

"I need something before I leave."