Chapter 8

"I know it's a hard thing to do..."
"I'm going to do it. But I need to know..."

I raised her hand using mine as she held Brock's missing badge. "Why do you need it?"

"I can't tell yet..." she looked at the side, keeping eye contact away from me. "But... You'll understand soon. I promise this is for the best."

The badges were important to us... It's literally like... Our mementos for them... We promised that we'll keep it... I don't want to destroy that promise, but she was desperate. She wouldn't tell me if it's not needed.

"It's just... It special for us-"
"I know... I'll return it tomorrow. I promise."

Tomorrow is their death anniversary. The day that it would be important... And she wants it...

"Please, Scotty... I promise. You'll never regret letting me have it. I promise."

⏪⏪ Flashback ⏪⏪

"I promise I'll make it back... And I'll find a way to come back... I promise."

What should I do?

<><><><><><><><>

I snuck into Jonathan's room, hoping that he's in the bathroom... And funny enough, he is.

What a good timing... I guess fate is trying to tell me that I really need to give it to her.

I took Luke's badge and tried to make a run for it, until I felt eyes behind me... Shit! He saw me.

I didn't looked back or think twice before I booked it. I might get punished for it, but when life gives you lemons, you just have to go for it.

"Scotty!"

I hear Jonathan call, but I didn't looked back. All I need is to do it and hope for the best!

I threw the badge out the window and to the garden as Jonathan slammed the door open. "Scott! What the hell!"

"What? I just took your badge." I tried to lie about it. I guess he's panicking that he didn't pay attention to me.

"That was Luke's, you idiot!" he yelled as he ran down to get my badge I threw in the last minute. Goddammit that was close.

I continued with the plan; Out the window, and to the shed near the Forest.

They'll be so pissed at me...

<><><><><><><><>

"You... Actually..."

I showed the badge to her as her eyes shined brightly.

"I did. I guess fate really wants me to give this to you."

She held it with six other badges; Ohm's, Mini's, Lui's, Jaren's, Brock's, and Marcel's. She stole all of them.

"I should go. They're probably going to look for them." I said as I turned around to leave, only to be stopped by a hug.

"You won't regret it." she whispered.

"I won't... I trust you." I smiled as I unwrapped her hands slowly and gently. Once I dropped her hands, I ran back to the base.

<><><><><><><><>

"You're grounded! No missions! No leaving the house without anyone with you!" Evan slammed the door of my room shut, probably locking it too with Brian's invention.

I really don't care though. The badges were payment for the things she did for us. And life basically dropped the pieces down and all I had to do was pick it up and give it to her.

"There's a reason why she needed them..." I said to no one in particular.

"There should be."

<><><><><><><><>

🌠🌠 Dream 🌠🌠

I walked up to their graves as I held the flowers on my hand. Just like last year, we picked up certain colors for them; Brown, Green, White, and Red... But this time, I added Gray, Blue, and Orange.

I dropped them one by one on the ground, but as I dropped the last one, it disappeared before It could touch the ground.

"There's no need for that, Scotty." Brock's voice echoed.

"Stop mourning for us. We're here now." Jaren's giggles softly.

"We forgave you guys already." Ryan, Craig, and Lui said in unison.

"But we're a bit dissapointed." Luke sighed in disbelief.

The grave I stood in front of... Marcel's grave, vanishes into a patch of grass with a flower in the middle... A pink bud.

"You left her... But she still made sure that she didn't broken her promise that only you knew." Marcel appears behind the flower. He picked it up and reached out, giving it to me.

"You heard her voice. Continue her mission for her..." Marcel looked at me as other six appeared next to him.

"Please. Promise." They all said...