Chapter 9

"Wake up, Scotty."

I woke up and rubbed my eyes as I looked at who woke me up; John.

"You should go down... The news..."

He looked a little sad... Pity to be exact. I gave a confused look before I stood up and walked down the stairs.

I hear the news play as I walk towards the living room...

"-no ammunition found in the site, seems like the suspect cleaned up the evidences before any witness was able to see him in the crime scene."

"What's up?" I asked as I saw the guys, giving the same look of pity in their eyes. I'm so confused...

"She died." Evan said nonchalantly...

She...

Died...

(Y/n)...!

It feels so nostalgic... I remember this feeling... From exactly three years ago... The same adrenaline rush. The same feeling of time freezing. The spike in the heart beat.

I ran... I know someone will follow me... Someone will... But I don't care...

What happened?
Who killed her?
Why would she be killed?
Is it the Fangs?
Did they knew about her being our intel?
How?!
When?!
Why?!

I ran... It's a long run, but time seems to slow down as I feel myself running at a fast speed...

Then I stopped. I looked at the scene that I saw just yesterday. The same patch of grass where I gave her Luke's badge. Her last smile and a joyous expression.

Now all I see is the same patch... With a pink circular print in the middle... Where she died... On god who knows how...

I didn't cry... I wonder why... It's not that I didn't care about her... In fact... I treated and thought of her like them... Like... Him.

I walked towards the pink grass and sat down on it. Thinking about her... We only have her for three months, two of them were her trapped in the cell, then the remaining four weeks was a rollercoaster.

From being trapped, to waking up outside and be caught again, to giving information that cost a life... To even getting killed... What a ride it was...

They hated her... But I didn't... They didn't cared about her... I did... Yet... We all did not shed a single tear...

"Why? Why aren't I crying...? Why am I not mourning?" I asked myself.

Why am I not crying...?
Why am I not?

Why...?

"It's normal."

Huh? What....?

"I'm sorry... I really didn't expect them to actually find me this easy."

I looked up and saw her... (Y/n). Smiling. Her pale skin is still clean, she still have that smile... But her head...

"So this is what it feels to have a headshot wound."

She floats above me as he poked her finger through the headshot hole, making a 'whoop' sound.

"(Y/n)?"

"Hmm? What is it Scotty?"

She looked at me with a questioning look.

"What... How... When..."

"Yeah... I died... You can see me... No big deal."
She smiled as she floats down a bit, just to match my kneeling height. "I was planning on explaining it today... But the Fangs killed me."

"Explain?" I asked as I stood up. I was confused... But now I calmed down a little... Still don't know how and why, but I'll take it.

"The reason why I don't talk is that people who will hear my voice will be able to do what I can do... which is talk to ghost." she explained as she floats around me, counter clockwise. "You can't feel the same mourning emotion since you have my ability now."

"So that's why I didn't cry when I learned you died... I was just shocked..."
"Yep... Weird, right?" she giggled. "You'll get used to it."

"Did they grabbed the badges? Why did you need the badges for anyway?" I asked as I followed her, as she floats towards the shed. This is where we killed Ryan, Craig, and Lui, right?

"Well, since I'm dead, and you'll be able to do this too... I guess I can tell you." she passed through the door of the shed. I followed her in, opening the door with a rusty creek.

"Do what, too?" I asked as I hear movement. I took out my knife, ready for what's coming...

"Scotty?"

That voice... No. It... Can't be... No... What? No... I'm dreaming... Right?!

"Do THAT. You can, like me, revive people from the dead."

She giggled as I stared at Marcel, who was standing in the middle of the shed. Alive... No bruises or cuts... No blood stains... Nothing.

"Are you going to stand there? Or are you going to tackle him in a hug?" she asked with a laugh. "Cause I'll definitely choose the second choice."

<><><><><><><><>

"Please tell me this isn't a stupid dream."
"We already punched, pinched, slapped you... Want me to shoot you?" Luke joked as he gave me another head slap. It hurts... But I'm still not believing that this isn't a dream.

I'm siting here in the middle of Marcel and Brock, while Ryan, Craig, Lui, Jaren, and Luke are all standing. (Y/n)'s ghost is still floating around.

"So... Can you see (Y/n)? Cause we can't... Where is she?" Jaren asked excitedly... I forgot how childish he is... It's been three years...

I smiled as I pointed at the ghost, while the others are probably looking at the air.

Jaren waved a little out of (Y/n)'s position, making her and me laugh.

"I love this. This is entertaining!"

"I'm going to guess that I'm waving at the air." Jaren pouted as all of us laughed.

"Oh... Before we start catching up, aren't you suppose to be gone by now (Y/n)?" Brock asked her as he looked at exactly where she is.

"Tell them I'm about to leave. Just want to tell you about the stuff you need to know."
"She's about to leave." I repeated as they all nodded in understanding.

"So... You're leaving now." I asked her as she smiled at me with a little smirk.

"I'll leave you with the explanation for the others..." she winked as she disappeared on thin air.

"Wow... And she is gone now." I gave a sigh as the  guys laughed.

"So... How are we going to freak the hell out of the others?"