Metamorphosis part 2 (Chapter 13)

No pov

"Well you got me on here, care to tell me where we're going Zuzu?" Azula asked the new Firelord as they flew high above the ground in route to Zuko's mystery destination.

"Just hang on we'll be there soon" he replied, "And stop calling me that!" He snapped.

"When fire becomes cold I'll think about it" she replied with a smirk. Zuko couldn't help but chuckle to himself, it felt nice, being able to talk to Azula like this. "Zuko, why are you helping me?" She asked while leaning over the railing looking down upon the destruction she and the Fire Nation caused, everything was gone, trees, bushes, grass, even some of the ponds were completely dried up. "I mean look at the what we did here, so why?" She asked again.

Zuko thought about it for a moment how to put it into words 'What would Uncle Iroh say?' He thought.

"I'd bet life and soul you're thinking of what Uncle would say, aren't you Zuzu?" Azula teased, receiving a death stare from her older brother, "Oooo if looks could kill!" Azula exclaimed laughing, not her usual maniacal laugh, an actual genuine laugh, something Zuko hasn't seen in a long time if ever. After a few minutes she was finally able to stop laughing, "Okay you can continue."

"Finally, well as I was about to say," he started, "it's because you're my sister, and this" he points to the ground and the area around it, "this was our father's doing, he was just using us and I was able to realize that only because of Uncle, it's not your fault. But with all this destruction, it gives way for creation and new life, and I belive what happened to me can happen to you as well." He said hoping it made sense.

"You're wrong y'know." Was all she responded with, she was still leaning over the railing.

"Wrong? About what?" Zuko asked confused.

"About him using us, well me more specifically, everything that I did was of my own choosing, so." She stopped and turned around finally facing Zuko, and her expression was all too familiar to Zuko, "What makes you think I won't continue to strive for the throne Zuzu?" She delivered in her cold tone with an evil smirk on her face.

But Zuko didn't back down, not even in the slightest, "If it comes to that, then so be it." He responded, "Whatever it turns out to be, I'll be ready for it. But we both know you're not dumb

"Oooo I like the confidence Zuzu, but the Agni Kai we had during Sozins Comet, that result won't happen again." And with that she turned back around and leaned over the railing like before.

'Well that just happened, I guess I can't be too surprised about it.' Zuko thought to himself, 'Maybe I should say something to clear the air.'

But before he could begin to think about what to say, he noticed they were nearing their destination.

"Hey Azula, we're here." He informs her as he begins their descent, Azula doesn't respond.

As they get land they disembark the ship and approach the out skirts of a place Azula has never been.

"And were might we be?" She asks weary of her surroundings.

"This is the Ancient City of the Sun Warriors," he starts, "Home of fire bending masters Ran and Shaw, they helped me and Aang with our bending, and I'm hoping they'll be willing to help you too." He says as they continue to approach their destination. After a bit of walking the make it to the center of the city.

"Welcome back Firelord Zuko," the Chief said greeting him with a bow.

"Please raise your head, I owe you all a great deal," Zuko replies, "And please no need to be so formal, you can just call me Zuko." He added which made Azula scoff.

"And would I be correct to assume this is Princess Azula with you?" The Chief inquired.

"Yes you are correct." Zuko responded, "We came becau-"

"The princess is having the struggle with bending as you and the Avatar did correct?" The Chief asked cutting the Firelord off.

"Was it that obvious?" He jokingly asked rubbing the back of his head.

"That's only the half of it, we were expecting your arrival and have everything prepared." He says as he shows them to the Eternal Fire and the pathway up the mountain, "Princess if you will." He said ushering Azula to step forward. As she takes the step he reaches in to everlasting Flame, "You'll have to bring this fire from the Eternal Flame up this mountain and present it to the Masters Ran and Shaw." The Chief explains handing Azula the flame. However when he does the flame nearly dies out before returning to it's original size leaving everyone with a concerned look, everyone but Azula that is who wasn't worried about it at all.

"So when do it start?" She asked The Chief, "And how long it take Zuzu to make it up?" She said grinning, earning and death glare from her older brother.

"You can start whenever you feel ready, in terms of time though..." He began thinking, "4 hours would be impressive.

"Guess I'll just have to do it in 3 then." She said shrugging as she began the trek up the mountain.

"Y'know she might be destroyed by Ran and Shaw right Zuko?" The Chief said to the Firelord.

"Yes I am aware of the possibility, but I do believe that if the Masters were willing to help me, they could show the same kindness to my sister." The Firelord said.

"Well for your sake I hope you are right." The Chief replied, then clasping his hand on Zuko's shoulder, "Now let me show you to the pathway we use to get up there, try not to get too upset." He said snickering and they began their own accent to watch the judgement of Azula.

___________________________________________

Well it's finally returning, my apologies for that hiatus, please excuse my writing too I'm a bit rusty lmfao, anyways I hope you enjoy this long awaited update👍