The Boiling Rock and a Conflicted Heart (Chapter 7)

A/N

As the final Agni Kai and other events of the last chapter unfolded a girl sits in a cell at the boiling rock prison, thinking back and reminiscing on her memories, both the good times and the bad.

No pov

*Scratch*  

"Okay and that marks day 16." The girl said as she marked the metal cell wall for the 16th day in a row. 

"Well I guess I should keep practicing my Chi Blocking so I don't get rusty." The girl says cheerfully to herself as she flipped off her bed and moved the fighting dummy she requested into the middle of the cell and readies her stance. But right as she was about to make contact with the dummy , her body completely froze, she stood back upright, moved the dummy back to the corner, sat back down on her bed and felt tears welling up in her eyes, then she cried her eyes out for about an hour before she finally calmed down when she heard the guards from down the hall.

"ALRIGHT INMATES FREE TIME YOU KNOW THE DRILL!" A guard yelled as all the metal doors opened at once. Ty Lee had already wiped off her face to hide her crying and walked out of her cell to find Mai and the Kyoshi warriors they had met. They had recognized each other the day the warriors were transferred even though they weren't wearing there face paint, and they ended up becoming allies when Mai explained what happened.

"Ty Lee over here." One of the Kyoshi warriors called out waving her over. As Ty Lee walks over Mai, who had been facing the complete opposite direction stood up and said, "Actually I need to talk to Ty Lee for a second, we'll be right back." She say grabbing the acrobats hand and leading her up some stairs and away from their new allies.

"Ummm Mai?" Ty Lee asks but gets no response, so she asks again, "Mai, where are we going?" To which Mai sighs her usual sigh and replies, "Somewhere important and were we won't be interrupted, now no more talking I'm thinking."

'Ugh typical Mai I expected nothing less from her but anyway I want to know what her deal is because this is unlike her, very unlike her, oh well guess I'll just have to wait a bit.' Ty Lee thought to herself as Mai pulled her into a room much like all the other cells but instead it had a round table in the the center that was surrounded by chairs. 'Probably just a meeting room or something' she thinks to herself as Mai sits down "Well she is related to the Warden so it makes sense she would have access to-'

"Sit, Now." Mai says cutting off her train of thought, "Now, Talk." She says to Ty Lee as she sits across from her. "And don't play dumb you know exactly what I'm talking about."

"Wh-what d-do you mean Mai?" Ty Lee nervously asked trying to act confused, but she had a feeling she knew what Mai was referring to. "I d-don't know what you are talking about." She said trying to convince Mai even though she knew it more than likely wouldn't work.

"Alright I guess if you say so" Mai said standing up and walking towards the doorway. 

'Wow that was pretty easy' Ty Lee thought 'I thought it would be much harder to convin-'

"But before we go back, we are going to make a stop at one more place" Mai said as she turned to Ty Lee with a piece of cloth in her hand, handing it to the acrobat, "And put this on, I want to test something." Mai added while watching Ty Lee put the blindfold on. "How many fingers am I holding up?"

"Umm idk 4?" Ty Lee answered not being able to see anything.

"Eh lucky guess, anyway we're going now so hold on." Mai said has she takes her friends hand and leads her out of the room. After about a minute Mai stops and says, "Okay we're here."

"What do you mean we are here?" Ty Lee asked confused, "It just feels like we're outside or something." She said to Mai

"Just take the blindfold off Ty Lee and you'll see." Mai replied in her usual cool monotone voice.

While removing the blindfold Ty Lee says, "I'm still confused as to what you are talking abo-" She stops talking and her body completely freezing, tears forming in her eyes as she drops the blindfold and it gets carried away by a rare breeze.

"Now you get it don't you" Mai said not even having to look back at Ty Lee, she could practically hear the sadness, regret, and tears, "The spot it all happened."

 ____________________________________________________________________________