Her (part 1)(Chapter 4)

"Students may I have your attention please, today we have a new student. Please welcome the Princess of the fire nation, Princess Azula." The students quickly rise to the feet to bow tho the Princess as she walked into the room and stood next to the teacher. Today was her first day attending the Royal Fire Academy for Girls. She had just turned 9 and she was reluctant to go but her father managed to convince her through fear of being like her failure of a brother Zuko.

"Why should I have to be in a room all day everyday with a bunch of peasants, it's below me."

"Azula, don't question my authority, and besides everyone there is a daughter of Fire Nation Noblemen and you start tomorrow. You don't want to become like Zuko do you? You are starting to sound like him, Weak." The word rung in her head like someone yelling in a cave, "Weak."

"Hmpff, fine I'll go but if I don't like it can I get the choice to stop?"

"Those are agreeable terms. Now go train you still have much to learn."

That was the conversation the night before and now she's at the Academy, which even though she would never say it out loud but she was kinda excited for, but she would not show it. She wanted to make them feel privileged that she was in their presence, but she knew that all they felt was fear, which was just as good.

"Your seat is right over there princess." The teacher said pointing at an empty seat, "I hope you enjoy your time here." She said with a smile. As soon as Azula sat down the girl next to her turned to her with a big smile.

"Good morning Princess Azula." The girl said kindly, "My name is Ty Lee." She said with a smile. Azula look over at the girl and gave her a look of annoyance and almost disgust.

"Why should I care who you are, hmm?" She replied with pure disdain in her voice. "You obviously know who I am, so unless you are someone more important than me you don't matter to me." Azula says staring daggers through the girl. "You're not more important than me, are you?"

"No, I guess not." The girl said looking down and tearing up.

"That's what I thought" She said to Ty Lee

"Why do you have be so mean?" Ty Lee asked, her eyes welling up, "We've just met what could I have possibly done to you?"

Azula turned back to her with a grin on her face, "I'm not being mean, I'm just making sure you know your place, I'm the Princess and you're the Peasant, remember that next time you try and talk to me." And with that she turned back to the front of the class room leaving the cheerful almost always happy Ty Lee with tears running down her face.

Later in the class Azula started to feel kinda bad for what she said, 'Why do I feel like this? I guess I should apologize next chance I get.' She thought to herself. That chance came sooner than she thought it would because the teacher was speaking again.

"Okay everyone we are going to start on a project on the History of the Fire Nation and you will be working in pairs with the person next to you." Which meant that Azula would be working with Ty Lee.

Ty Lee avoided eye contact with Azula and they both sat in and awkward silence until Azula spoke up.

"Look Ty Lee I'm sorry for what I said to you earlier I just don't really like talking to people I don't know because I don't know who I can trust, so again I'm sorry." She said and genuinely meant it.

"It's fine Princess you have every right to do that. I spoke out of turn."

"Please just call me Azula and let's get this project done." Azula said with a smile and they began to work on the project and the beginning of an interesting friendship.

__________________________________________________________________________

Here's a decently long chapter for all the time I've missed and I hope you are enjoying reading this as much as I enjoy writing it:) But for now stay cool and I'll see you in the next one.

(Chapter 4 done)