Aftermath part 2 (Chapter 8)

Azula p.o.v.

'You're a monster'
'No one will ever love you'

'I know I can never confess it but...I love you Azula with all my heart'

No p.o.v.

While Mai was with Ty Lee in the Boiling Rock, Azula was regaining consciousness in her cell.

Azula p.o.v

'Wh-where am I?' I asked myself knowing I won't get an answer. I tried to sit up but I could barely move, my body was in so much pain even thinking hurt, which was a problem because my head was spinning and it was killing me. All I could hear were voices. Voices telling me I'm a monster, calling me evil and other names over and over again until I couldn't take it anymore.

'AHHHH STOP, ALL OF YOU JUST SHUT UP AND LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE!!!' And all of a sudden everything went quiet. All but one voice but I couldn't tell who's it was.

'I love you Azula with all my heart'

No p.o.v

'Someone... loves me?' Azula asked herself but didn't think much about it since her head was still throbbing in pain.

'I have to get out of here' she thinks to herself when she realizes she's in handcuffs.

'Well they must want me to escape I guess' she think as she tries to melt the metal, but no matter how hard she tries they barely heat, 'What the hell? What's wrong with my bending?' She thinks as she focuses even harder, and after about 10 minutes of struggling she finally got them off, 'That was ridiculous, what's happening?' As she slowly stands up and stumbles to the door and finds it's locked.

'Damn of course it wouldn't be this easy, well time to get to work.' She turns around looking for anything that could help her, but unsurprisingly finds nothing. Once again returning to the door she places her hand on the metal frame before sighing 'Come on Azula think' running her hand along the outer edge of the door she stops as her hand hits something. Turning her head to see what had interrupted her thinking she saw it. 'Of course, the door hinges'

Pressing her face up against the small window in the door, she checked to make sure the coast was clear. Once confirming that it is was she took a step back and began to quickly stretch. "Alright, let's do this" she quietly whispers to herself before approaching the door. 'All I have to do is weaken the metal' she thinks as she places one hand on each hinge before trying to heat her hands. The problem though was that the normal tingling she felt when she used her bending wasn't there.

'Come on, what's happening?' she though as she concentrated even harder trying to raise the temperature of her hands. Nothing. Gritting her teeth Azula spoke in a hushed tone "what's wrong with me? I'm the princess of the Fire Nation, this should be easy!"

Memories of the grueling training she was forced to endure as a kid flashes through her mind. She had spent hours upon hours perfecting her bending so why, why was it that she couldn't even do a simple task like this. On the verge of giving up Azula felt tears beginning to fill her eyes. 'WHY CAN'T I DO IT?'

It was just then that another memory flashes through her eyes. Another memory of her childhood, although this one was filled with smiles and laughter. In this memory Azula was sitting side by side with another girl. Turning her head to face the girl her vision was suddenly filled with the sight of bubbly eyes and a bright smile. Everything else in the background seemed to fade away as she was only able to focus on the girl beside her. That smile that never seemed to fade made her world stop and in that moment nothing else mattered. Ty Lee.

The tingling was back. As Azula's mind returns to reality she realizes the tingling was back. It wasn't as strong as it normally was but it was something. Her head starts pounding again as her mind suddenly begins swirling with thoughts. Throughout all the chaos her mind was creating she thinks she can make out a couple of quiet words

'I know I can never confess it but...I love you Azula with all my heart'

Heat begins creeping up Azula's arms and towards her palms. Quickly shaking her head clearing it of all her thoughts, Azula focuses all of her attention towards the heat. Soon the heat flared through her palms and made contact with the metal hinges. After about 15 second she begins feeling the heat diminish but she still needs it, the hinges weren't weak enough yet. 'Just a little bit longer' she thought as she wills the heat to stay for a couple more seconds. Suddenly as if someone had flipped a switch her hands were back to normal temperature but it didn't matter as Azula had done all she needed to.

Quickly taking a step back she readies herself and uses the last of her strength the kick the door. A popping noise was heard as both hinges snapped and the door fell outwards towards the hall.

'I guess some of that training did come in handy' Azula thought as she steps out into the hall. "Now that that's over with I have some important businesses I need to attend to" she said out loud as she begins walking towards the exit with a new mission in mind.

__________________________________________________________________________