16

Hailey's POV

The rest of the week went by pretty quickly. I'd go to work and come back to my beautiful twins and spend more time with them. Help them with their homeworks and whatever they wanted.

Brooke spent more time with her boyfriend. I guess now that I wasn't being the workaholic and lonely woman I was she wasn't worried about trying to spend most of her time with me like she thought she needed. I was happy for her and her relationship. Seeing her so happy made me happy as well.

It was Sunday evening and I was watching a movie in my bedroom. The rain was pouring outside making the mood cosy. My phone alerted me of a message and I checked to see who it was. It was Paige's personal number. I took it when I wanted her address, since then we'd sometimes text each other.

Paige: I don't know if you're sleeping but I was wondering if I could ask you something.

Hailey: I'm still awake. What's wrong?

Paige: Nothing's wrong it's just that I wanted to know if your kids have any allergies. I frowned.
Paige: I wanted to bake brownies for them to carry on Saturday.

Hailey: Oh. Um no they are not allergic to any food. It's just that I personally don't like them having too much sugar but it's okay you can make the brownies. I know Cammy will love them most.

Paige: She has a sweet tooth, I have noticed.

Hailey: Yup.
Hailey: But wait a minute.........you can bake?

Paige: 😄 Yes I can.
Paige: My father is a chef and I am very close to him so he taught me how to cook and bake.

I suddenly remembered the file Marcus brought to me about her. It stated that her father was a chef, the mother worked in a bank as an accountant. The older sister is a journalist and her little brother just started his first year in university.

Hailey: So the brownies' recipe is his?

Paige: No
Paige: My late grandmother's.

Hailey: I'm sorry about your grandma.

Paige: It's okay.
Paige: Can I ask you another question?

Hailey: Shoot

Paige: Do you have siblings?
Paige: It's just that you never talk about your family.

I got a question like this once a while. A lot of people asked me about the Anders instead of my own family.

Hailey: I have an older brother but our parents are late. He's married to a French woman so they live in Paris. He's a fashion designer there as well. I don't talk about him because he's a private person and besides a lot of these people in interviews love asking about the Anders and not my family.

Paige: I understand.
Paige: Before I oversleep again, I better get some rest. Goodnight Hailey.

Hailey: 😄😄I'd kill you if you did. Goodnight Paige.

I put my phone next to me smiling. Paige was really something different. There was just something about her that always made me comfortable with talking to her about anything. I could see she was still cautious around me because I was her boss but I always made her comfortable with me.

I definitely liked her. I couldn't understand why I liked her so much though. And it was different from how I felt towards Brooke or anybody else. Everytime I tried to figure out the feeling or why I liked her so much I thought of my late husband.

Unlike before it wasn't the fear of feeling like I'm betraying him like I felt when I thought of another man. It was as if my mind was telling me that I was feeling the same feeling I felt when I started falling for Xavier but I couldn't be falling for her right?

That was just insane. Paige was sweet yes but I doubted she was someone I could ever think of that way. What if there was another side of her that I didn't know of? I thought to myself.

No no no no no no no no. Hailey stop. She's just your assistant and you can never think of that again.

.....

Paige's POV

I stared at the ceiling thinking about Hailey. Barely five minutes had passed since I texted her but I already missed having a conversation with her.

I didn't understand what was going on with me. Every time I thought of her and if she was okay and if she needed anything. I couldn't be falling for my boss right? I mean she was definitely straight and even if she wasn't I didn't stand a chance.

I turned to my side and sighed. I thought of the upcoming party. If it was going to be a pool party then I needed a bathing suit. I had plenty of them yes but I wanted an expensive new one. Thank goodness I had been paid so I could afford it.

I smiled at myself for at least thinking about something good for myself. I didn't want to disappoint Hailey so I needed to look good. I already knew she hated people who couldn't dress well so I had to go shopping before Saturday came.

Okay Paige now you are thinking straight. Just stop daydreaming about your boss.

________________________

The scary boss has now finally realised she likes Paige. Who else can't wait to see how long they can keep lying to themselves?