74

"Stephen I'm telling you, something is going on between Kim and Logan. If not then why would he punish her like that?"

"Why do you even care? Have you forgotten Kim is the same ex girlfriend you hated so much a few weeks ago?" I rolled my eyes.

"I was just angry." I said.

"Paige sometimes I love that you are a good person and you love to help but please stay away from Kim and her trouble. This will backfire."

"Do you think she's owing him money?" He sighed dramatically.

"Are you even listening to me?"

"I can't help it. My gut is telling me that she is sad. She even looks sad." I said.

"Maybe she is paying for her sins." I giggled.

"Stop saying that." I took a sip of my wine.

"I'm just saying." He shrugged. "But since I know you very well and I know you won't rest until you find out what is going on between the two, I'll have someone do some digging for you." I smiled.

"You are the best friend ever." He chuckled.

"Of course I am." I laughed shaking my head and continued with my food. "But on one condition." I looked at him.

"Okay."

"Promise me this won't come in between you and your girlfriend." I chuckled.

"Of course it won't." I said confidently. "It's not like I am planning on taking the woman back, I just want to help her leave the job since she hates it."

"I know but Hailey won't see it that way." He said.

"Why do you want to tell her?" He sighed.

"By now you should know, nothing passes wealthy people. I won't tell her but she'll know."

"Dude relax. Hailey won't find out and even if she does she knows she doesn't have anything to worry about." He shrugged.

"I hope you're sure about what you're doing." I rolled my eyes.

"You have nothing to worry about Stephen." I said with a smile. "Now, are you coming to my party?"

"Of course." He smiled. "Oh and by the way can I bring someone with me?"

"Who? Your dad?" He chuckled and shook his head.

"No, my new girlfriend." I choked on my drink.

"I thought you said you met her I think two or three weeks ago. You guys are already together?" He nodded.

"Yes, we have a lot in common. She's very humble and funny." I giggled.

"Funny women will be the death of you." He laughed.

"You always have something to say about my women." I giggled shaking my head.

"That's not true." He eyed me warily. "Anyway, it's okay. You can bring her." I said.

"Thank you."

"But wait a minute, is she blonde?" He shook his head immediately.

"She has black hair. I told you in college, no more blondes for me." I burst out laughing.

"I didn't think you were serious."

"I was." He told me. "Trust me you'll love her." I nodded with a smile.

"In that case, I can't wait to meet her."

Hailey's POV

"Hey." Nathan sat next to me on the couch.

"Hey." I smiled.

"You don't look happy, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just had a long day." I sighed and laid back on the couch. As much as I love Christmas holidays since it's always when family comes together, I hate how drained I always feel after work.

"I have been meaning to ask you, when am I meeting your girlfriend?" He asked.

"Friday night." He smirked. "And don't ask her too many questions."

"What do you mean don't ask her too many questions, how will I know if she's a good one?" I rolled my eyes.

"Trust me she is." I assured him.

"Are you sure?" I nodded. "I trust your judgement."

"Thank you." There was a quick silence. Not completely since I could hear the kids running around and giggling.

"I saw one of your best drawings today. I think you should consider a career change." I giggled shaking my head.

"Drawing is an escape from my busy world to a peaceful world, if I focus on it a lot it'll not be peaceful anymore." I explained according to how I understood it.

"Fair enough." I nodded. "That reminds, come on I want my rematch."

"Seriously? Nathan I'm tired and not in the mood for video games." He laughed getting up and lifting me up.

"Perfect. Today you will definitely lose." I giggled.

"In your dreams." I said giggling.

Amy's POV

I finished putting on my pyjamas and went to bed. Austin was already in bed busy with his phone. I got in bed and he smiled putting away his phone.

"Mom says hi." I smiled.

"Oh that's nice of her." I said getting closer to lay in his arms.

"Baby I wanted to suggest something to you." He said.

"Okay?"

"I was thinking, since you're six months pregnant and I don't feel comfortable having you travel long distances. How about we invite our families here for this Christmas?" I looked at him.

"Really?" He nodded.

"Yes." I smiled and hugged him.

"Thank you. I'll tell Paige and mom in the morning." I said. "Knowing mom she'll be so excited."

"I'll also let my family know." I nodded.

Kim's POV

I walked out of the bathroom after a long shower. I quickly put on warm pyjamas and then rushed to bed. It had already started snowing in New York. Even in the night I could see snow falling. I got under the covers and then looked up at the ceiling. I played today's events in my mind, I thought about the conversation I had with Paige in her office. What is wrong with her? One moment she literally hates me and then the next she tells me she still cares about me. No no no no no no no Kimberly don't think about Paige. I told myself.

I sighed closing my eyes. God, I really need to leave New York and run to a far away place where no one knows me. "Just a few weeks left Kim, just a few weeks." I dozed off still telling myself that I had a few weeks left.

________________________