73

Kim's POV

"It's open!" I told the person knocking as I fastened my boots. I couldn't wait for the Christmas holidays to come so I could go and see my family. Of course if I wasn't the most stubborn worker Logan has I would be working on that day since it'll be thee most busiest day ever but I deserve the break after everything that man has put me through. Speak of the devil. He walked into my room.

"Good morning."

"Morning Logan." I stood up and took my jacket.

"You know by this time I would have thought you would have quit working at the hotel, you're not forced to work there now Kimberly." He said.

Well I thought about it but then I realised no one can spend the whole day with you and still live to see another day.

I knew better than to say this to him out loud so I told him in my head.

"Well the job keeps me busy." I put on my jacket. "It helps me to not overthink." I said.

"I could get you a better job if you want. One you're qualified for. It'll still keep you busy." I sighed.

"You never wanted me to be the accountant I am qualified to be, not even in your company instead you preferred me a waitress so I'm used to that now." I took my phone from my bed.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"Logan you don't have to apologize for who you are." I said.

"Right." He cleared his throat. "I wanted to ask you if you'll be okay if we spend Christmas with my mother and other family members." He asked softly.

"Your mother?" I hadn't seen the woman in years.

"Yes my mother. I know you haven't seen her in a long time but you'll be okay." He said. Do I tell him that I wanted to be with my family instead? What if he gets angry and he goes back to the way he was when I say no? How do I even pretend I am in love with him in front of his mother after everything that has happened? Back then it was easier since he hadn't shown me the devil inside of him. "Kimberly?" I looked at him. "It's okay if you don't want to go. Like I promised you, I won't force you to do anything ever again." I took a deep breath my heart drumming really fast.

"It's just that I had planned to see my family and spend more time with my siblings and parents." He nodded slowly. "I haven't seen them in two years Logan."

"I know." He sighed. "And that's because of me." He said. "Um, it's okay. You can use my jet too."

"Really?" He nodded. "Oh, thanks."

"You're welcome." I looked at my watch.

"I should get going." I said.

"Oh right. I'll see you later." He turned to the door and walked out. I sat down on the bed confused. Who told Logan to change because I know that's not him? I asked myself. I continued wondering forgetting about work.

"Kimberly you are one lucky bitch. That man just said it's okay to decline his request and even offered you to use his jet? Bitch you are so lucky." I whispered to myself. "Oh, fuck! Work!" I ran out in a hurry.

Paige's POV

I sat down on my chair just as someone knocked on the door. "Come in!" I said and then sipped my hot coffee. Kimberly walked in and closed the door before getting closer to sit down. "Can I help you?"

"Not really I'm just here to inform you I'll not be around from the twenty-fourth." I looked at her confused.

"Are you finally quitting?" I asked.

"Maybe." I sighed.

"Kim you should not forget that I'm your boss, so I need to know if you're quitting or not." She rolled her eyes.

"No I'm not quitting yet. I'll be back next year." She grinned.

"You know I wonder why Logan likes you so much. I mean he lets you do as you please." I said. "Are you two together?"

"Who I'm with is none of your business." I shrugged.

"I'm not saying it is I'm just wondering why he likes you so much." I said.

"Why does everyone think he likes me? Do you make someone you like a waitress?" She asked looking irritated.

"Then what's your deal with the guy?" I asked.

"Paige you told me to stay out of your life and mind my business so please do the same. Stay out of my miserable life." She stood up and turned for the door.

"Miserable life?" She stopped walking. "Kim what are you talking about? You basically do nothing if you don't want to. Sometimes you miss work for days and I don't even ask about your whereabouts because Logan said I shouldn't. You are basically his most favoured employee here, so how is your life miserable?" She turned around and laughed.

"Paige, you know I thought you were the smartest. What the fuck do you think I'm still doing here?" She looked into my eyes. "If I am his most favoured employee, why am I not working in his company instead of cleaning fucking tables here?" I realised she actually had a point. If she liked her do much then why wasn't she working in his company as an accountant or something better. Afterall she had a bachelor in commerce so she was qualified.

"I don't know, you tell me." She let out another laugh.

"As what?"

"What do you mean?"

"Tell you that Logan is not keeping me here because I'm his favourite employee but actually punishing me, as what? You made it clear the other day that we're not friends, so tell me besides the fact that you're currently my boss, what are you in my life?" I don't know why I felt bad about that but I did. I looked at her face and she looked really troubled. I sighed.

"You still should have told me. I may have said horrible things to you but then that was only because you were trying to destroying my relationship with Hailey. If you are in trouble it doesn't mean you shouldn't tell me, Kim I still care about you." She let out a pained laugh.

"You don't care about me Paige." She turned again and walked out of the office.

______________________