65

Paige's POV

"Elaine, it's so good to see you." I said as she walked into my office.

"I'm happy to see you too Paige. I came to drop this for you." She gave me an envelope. "Logan said you guys talked about it already."

"Yeah he called me and explained to me what I need to do this morning. Thank you." I said opening it.

"How do you find working here? Is Kim giving you trouble?" Talking about Kimberly I hadn't seen her in a while.

"Not really." I said cutting the conversation short so we don't end up talking about the one person who upsets me the most.

"That's weird." She said but I didn't respond to that. Hopefully she gets that I don't wanna talk about her. "Okay I'll leave you to do your job." She said.

"Thank you. Bye." I said.

Kim's POV

I knocked on Logan's study since Christine had told me he was working from home today.

"Come in." I opened the door and walked in. He looked up and smiled when he saw me. "Oh Kimberly."

"Hi." I said politely with a slight smile. "Can I sit?"

"Please." He motioned to the chair in front of him.

"Thank you." I said sitting down. "Um I want to ask you something." I said and he closed his laptop and nodded.

"Go ahead."

"Okay. I know you said you wanted to change the way you treat me and give this marriage a real chance but you didn't tell me why. What changed?"

"How do you mean?" I sighed.

"Our reason for getting married was to use me so you could take over from your dad's company as a compensation for my father's debt. So why do you want us to be a real wedded couple now?" He smiled.

"I like you." My eyes widened. I wasn't surprised he told me just like that, without hesitation since Logan Hall was a straight talker. I was surprised he really did like me. Christine was right.

"You like me?" He nodded. "But why?" He chuckled.

"You're a very beautiful woman Kimberly so why wouldn't I?" He asked with a smirk.

"You meet very beautiful women everyday, even way more beautiful than I am so why me?" He let out another chuckle.

"They are not like you. Your personality is different from theirs." I let out a chuckle.

"Logan my middle name is trouble. Haven't you noticed? I also like being free and you are so controlling. How will that even work?"

"Ever since we made a deal have I upset you by forcing you to do something you don't want to do?" He asked.

"It's only a matter of time before you do." I said folding my arms.

"You should get to know me better Kimberly. You'd be surprised by the kind of person I really am." He smiled and I eyed him warily. "What are you doing tonight?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Because I wanted us to have dinner somewhere. 7pm?"

"Are you asking me out or you're telling me that you are taking me out?" He chuckled.

"I'm asking you Kimberly. Will you go out with me?" It felt weirdly good to hear him asking for once instead of demanding.

"I'll think about it." I said to test if he was really serious about giving me the freedom to make my own decisions.

"That's not a problem. Let me know when you have decided." I looked at him surprised.

"You're not upset I didn't say yes?" He laughed once again. I noticed how handsome he was when he was laughing.

"I'm not." I nodded getting up.

"I'll tell you when I have made a decision then." I said walking towards the door.

Paige's POV

I walked out of my office when the day was over headed to my car. "Paige." I heard a familiar voice. I looked behind me to see Dominic. Kiara's husband.

"Oh hi." He smiled and we hugged. "Are you here with your wife?" He shook his head.

"No I was here for a meeting. I am glad I bumped into you actually, my wife and I wanted to thank you properly this time over a dinner."

"Um I honestly appreciate that but you guys don't have to. I did it out of goodwill." He nodded.

"I know but if I was willing to pay someone to help my daughter then it wouldn't be good not to do something for the one person who helped her without expecting anything in return. Please accept our invitation Paige." I sighed.

"It's okay. I will come to the dinner." He smiled again.

"Thank you. Tomorrow night then?" I nodded.

"Yeah sure. Tomorrow night it is." I said. "Bye."

"Drive safely." I nodded and walked away.

I drove in silence thinking if going to the dinner tomorrow night would be a good idea. I was cool with Kiara fine but it didn't mean we were friends. A thank you was enough for me because helping their child was not for any special treatment or any gift. I sighed shaking my head. Maybe I should just go with Hailey. I thought to myself.

I knew them because of her in the first place so it would make perfect sense for me to take her with me. She knows them better so I bet the conversation at the table won't be that bad with her around, right?

.....

"Please say yes." I said pouting even though l knew she couldn't see me.

"Fine I'll come with you to the dinner. My place or yours after?" She asked over the phone.

"Yours since we'll be using my car and I have to drop you off because you will have work the following day." I said.

"You won't stay for the night?" She asked and I chuckled.

"Of course I will baby. I don't think I will be up for driving myself home after." I said. Since I had moved to this house, her house was a little further now.

"I can't wait." She squeled making me laugh.

Kim's POV

"Can I come in?" I asked from Logan's door that led to his room. He smiled and then nodded. I walked in after closing the door. I sat on one of the chairs in the room.

"Here to check if I'll be mad you ended up turning me down?" He asked making me chuckle.

"I have known you for three years now and I can tell when you're mad, right now you're not. And besides I didn't turn you down."

"You didn't tell what you decided on so I assumed you decided against going out with me." I rolled my eyes.

"I was still thinking about it." I said.

"And?"

"And it's still not 7pm yet so we can still go." His eyes lit up.

"Are you serious?" I nodded. "I promise to make sure you enjoy yourself Kimberly. Thank you for saying yes."

"We'll see about that." I said standing up. "I'll go and get dressed."

___________________________