17

"Kim I swear to God if you don't leave I am going to lose it." I said gathering my stuff for work. Kim decided to burst in here uninvited to seduce me super early in the morning. I came out of the bathroom and found her naked on my bed. I can't lie she has a beautiful body.

"I'm not leaving until we fix things." She sat on the bed again. I looked at my wrist watch. I'm going to be late of I keep on going back and forth with this woman.

"You know what? I don't care anymore. I have work to get to and I won't allow you to delay me any further." I took my phone and walked out.

Upon reching the lobby I went to Ron. He was on his desk watching something on his computer.

"Good morning Ron." He looked up.

"Good morning Paige. I thought you'd be gone already." I wish.

"I know but listen I have a little problem. There is a lady in my apartment and I tried asking her nicely to leave but she wouldn't listen can you please make sure she leaves and next time she comes back don't let her go up." He looked at me surprised. "What?"

"It's just that I have never seen you so upset. You are usually the most sweetest person." I laughed.

"She's annoying trust me." I took my bag. "I'll see you later Ron. I have to run."

"Okay. Have a great day." I waved and got out of the building. Luckily I saw a cab and it stopped when the driver saw me. Thank goodness. I got it and sat down.

"You are late today." He said. I looked at him in the mirror and I realised I've used his cab a few times.

"Oh thank goodness it's you. Listen I'll pay double if you please drive as quickly as you can. I need to be there by 7:50am the latest." I said and he smiled.

"Make sure you fasten your seatbelt then." I quickly did that and he started driving.

.....

Hailey's POV

A knock came from the door followed by Paige walking in. She was dressed in a red woman suit and a black turtleneck bodysuit. She paired it with black stilettos. God she looked so beautiful. Her hair was in a high ponytail.

"Good morning Hailey." She walked to my desk carring a file.

"Good morning. Are those the minutes I asked?" She gave them to me.

"Yes ma'am." She smiled.

"You look beautiful." I said.

"Thank you." Our eyes met for a moment. I don't know why but it felt like time stopped as well. I couldn't look away as well. She cleared her throat. "Do you want anything else?" I shook my head no.

"I'll call you if I need anything." She nodded and then walked out.

.....

Amy's POV

"Mom please stop. I don't want to pressure her anymore. She's old enough to make her own choices." I heard her sigh over the phone.

"Amy do you realise my reputation is at stake? My neighbour's children are getting married and starting families but my kids don't want that." I rolled my eyes.

"I am getting married for heaven's sake. Is that not enough for you?" I asked.

"But Paige doesn't want to be like you. Why is she so stubborn?"

"She obviously gets her stubbornness from you."

"Me? What have I done?"

"I'm even surprised you're asking." I rolled my eyes. "Mom you are so stubborn you keep on pushing your daughter away from you. Now I am tired of doing the same to my own little sister. I need her now more than ever."

"What do you mean by that? Why do you need her?" I sighed and sat down on my couch.

"I'm pregnant." She gasped.

"Oh my goodness! Amy you mean I'm going to be a grandmother?" I smiled.

"Yes. Please don't tell dad yet I actually planned on telling you both when we come home soon. Paige already agreed we'd visit together." I said.

"I can't believe my little baby is going to be a mother." She cried. "I am so happy."

"Then that means you will give Paige a break now right?" I asked.

"But-"

"Mom please. I don't want any awkwardness when I get home. I am tired of this back and forth, aren't you?" She was quiet. "Please promise you'll let her be now." She let go of a deep breath.

"Amy which lesbian couple have you seen happily married with kids and successful too. Why does my daughter want to go through the shame everyone will bring to her? Everybody will crucify her." She cried hysterically. "I don't want her to go through that. Amy-" she cried again.

This was actually the first time she told me her reason why she always disapproved of Paige's sexuality. Even when I'd ask her she'd just say it's not right but I knew there was another reason. All along she was trying to protect her daughter from the cruel world and their opinions. The motherly love and protection was still there for Paige it's just that we didn't see it. Who would have though if she didn't say anything?

"Mom it's okay. Stop crying." My eyes teared when I heard her cry.

"You are actually right." She snifled. "I drove her away. She barely calls me instead she calls her father. I'm a bad mother." She started crying again.

"You're not a bad mother mom. Actually I just realised you are the best mother ever it's just that we misunderstood your intentions. You just wanted to protect Paige." I comforted her.

"But look where that got me. I should have just been understanding and not rush to deny her hapiness." I sighed.

"I know." I said. "She's stronger than you think you know. Caring about what people will say is not even a concern to her. She's really strong mom."

"I know. I have seen that now." I nodded. "Please don't bother her anymore. She told me she's old enough now but I didn't listen so I want to start listening to her now. Okay?" I smiled.

"Okay mom."

"And I'm sorry I ruined your moment honey. Congratulations." I let out a giggle.

"It's okay and thank you." My doorbell rang. "Mom I have to go. Someone's at the door."

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye"

______________________

Sometimes we think our parents are not being fair when they are being hard on us but SOMETIMES it's for our own good. They are only trying to protect us. It's all about communication and understanding but Paige's situation is an exception I know.

Merry Christmas to everyone out there!😘😘