27

Paige's POV

"Paige?" I looked at my bedroom door and Jason opened the door wider. We had just got back from home and I was changing to a more cute outfit than my casual jeans and tank top I had been wearing all day.

"Yeah. What's up?" I asked putting my earrings on. I had already managed to pick a romper out. White and short. Cute for a warm sunny evening like today and I was pairing it with slides.

"Your boss's driver is here to pick you up." He said.

"Oh okay. I'm done already." I took my phone and purse and then walked out. Bobby was seated on the couch in his usual black suit. "Bobby. Hi."

"Miss Carson. Mrs Anders is waiting for you." He said. I nodded and turned to my brother.

"I won't be long I promise." I said. I had lied to him and told him I was going to help Hailey host a dinner as her personal assistant.

"Paige relax I'll be fine. I am old enough to take care of myself when you're gone." He let out a chuckle and I smiled.

"Okay." I turned and followed Bobby to the elevator.

.....

"Paige." Hailey called my name from upstairs. I looked at the top of the long staircase to see her smiling. She hurried downstairs immediately. I hadn't seen her so excited before I was even surprised it was because of my presence.

I took my time to inspect her outfit. She always looked good and obviously expensive. Her orange, off shoulder, body hugging, short dress showed off her hourglass shape. Although she was a slim woman she still had the hourglass shape. You'd swear she was only in her early twenties whilst she was approaching thirty.

"Hey." I smiled when she reached the ground level.

"Hey. Thank you for coming." She smiled.

"I never break a promise." I said making her giggle. "Where are my two favourite buddies?" She laughed again.

"They will be back tomorrow. They spent the weekend with their grandparents." She explained.

"What a bummer. You know, I came all the way just to see them." Hailey gasped holding her chest. I tried my hardest to keep a straight face and not laugh at her.

"What about the person who actually invited you here?" I finally giggled.

"I'm joking beautiful." I pulled her closer. "You know exactly who I came here for." She blushed her cheeks turning red.

"All of a sudden I have forgotten. Care to remind me?" I smirked planting a soft kiss on her lips. She immediately kissed me back deepening the kiss but I pulled away before anyone could see us. To my surprise I hadn't seen anyone since I got here. Not even her bestfriend or any of the staff.

"Someone has quite the appetite." She giggled nodding.

"Your presence always makes me hungry." She took my hand. "Come on." She dragged me to the stairs and I guessed we were headed to her room. I hadn't been to her room before. I had only been to the upper level when I had to put the twins to bed.

She opened the door to another room and we got in. It was definitely a master's bedroom with an en suit and huge walk in closet. There was a huge king bed neatly made with white sheets. A huge TV opposite it. There rest of the furniture and walls were grey or white.

"Your room is beautiful." I said looking back at her.

"Thanks." My eyes landed on the bookshelf behind her. I loved to read when I was still in highschool. I slowly walked to it. "You love to read?"

"I used to." I said browsing through the books. This was quite a collection. I definitely had something in common with Hailey. I never took her as a romance lover. "Impressive collection you have. I'm surprised. I would have never guessed you loved to read."

"Those are not mine." I looked at her. Her face made me finally remember.

"Oh I'm sorry I forgot." I said. To be honest I felt a little stupid that I had forgotten that everything in this house probably was left by her late husband.

"It's okay." She went to sit on her bed. "Why did you stop?"

"Stop what?"

"Reading. You said you used to." Oh that.

"Well let's just say when I got to college I found another hobby." She gave me a questioning look.

"You seem to have more reason that that." I giggled.

"Why do you say that?" She rolled her eyes.

"You've been working for me for almost two months so I know you very well." Just like I knew her it was just awkward sharing personal stuff with her because she was still Hailey Anders my boss. "I'm only trying to know you on a personal level but if you don't want that it's fine."

Part of knowing Hailey was knowing when she said something and didn't mean it. Right now she didn't mean what she said. I could see the disappointment in her eyes. She was quite sensitive. I sighed and sat next to her.

"I quit reading because I came across a book one day and it was a romance. Very beautiful story the author wrote but it changed me."

"What was it about?"

"Forbidden love." I let out a pained chuckle. "Two teenage girls in love with each other but society wouldn't have it. Their parents moved them away from each other and married them off to men. Well since it wasn't what they wanted they ended up killing themselves." I laughed. "It was like I was reading my future at that time. I had just recently came out to my parents and my mom wasn't having it instead she kept on pestering me with marriage talks that she wanted to be a reality immediately after I graduated." She took my hand comforting me.

"I'm so sorry Paige." I smiled instead.

"It's okay. We're good now and that's all that matters." She nodded.

"So you hated reading because you thought it ruined what was supposed to remain a mystery which was your future?" She asked.

"I never hated reading I was just scared I'd read another book and it would have the same cruel ending and that would confirm my fear that my mother would marry me off as well." I explained. "I know it was just a book. Fiction for that matter but it still did something to the younger version of me. I was too innocent to think it wouldn't happen to me as well." She nodded in understanding.

"I think you are a very strong person Paige considering what you've been through." She said.

"Thank you Mrs Anders." I teased and she glared at me.

"Why did you just do that?" I giggled kissing her shoulder. I started trailing kisses going up to her face.

"Because" kiss "I wanted" kiss "to get" kiss "your" kiss "adrenaline" kiss "rushing." I looked straight into her eyes. "To get you in the mood faster." She wasted no time and captured my lips in a passionate kiss.

____________________