- the ghost of you -

Dead! L X Alive! Reader

Description - When L dies, reader thinks back to all the good times they had.

Song - The Ghost Of You ~ My Chemical Romance

    ☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎☹︎

"If I died we'd be together"

It was a cold and cloudy evening, as if the weather was an exact representation of your mood.

Dressed in all black, you stood at the grave of your beloved L with tears in your eyes.

The funeral service had been a few hours ago and you still hadn't moved from where you stood.

At first, the Task Force had taken turns trying to get you inside so you could have something to eat or drink but nothing they did worked.

It was as if your feet had been glued to the floor.

And it was only when it started to rain that the glue melted, which caused you to collapse on your knees, surely scratching and bruising them on the hard bricks.

A sob came out of your lips as you stared at his cross-shaped tombstone.

The light drizzling soon turned to loud thunder and high winds.

With each sob, the thunder grew louder and you grew quieter.

Eventually, you stopped crying but your tears were replaced by a pounding headache.

It grew worse as the rain caused you to hiccup, making you grip your head in pain.

Your vision grew fuzzy as you attempted to get up and walk but failed as you passed out and hit the ground.

         ╚────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.──────╝

" Tea anyone?" A familiar voice asked.

Rubbing your head, you opened your eyes and observed your surroundings.

It was Headquarters.

" I'd like some please!"  You hear yourself say.

You turn around and are met with L and yourself sitting together.

Your eyes water as you run to hug him only to find that your hands went right through him.

Seeing as how dazed and confused you still were, you tried running towards him again but tripped and fell on your face.

" I'd like some too, Watari." L says, his dark eyes never leaving his computer screen.

Watari nodded and left the room.

You watched as you got up and wrapped your arms around L from behind.

Sighing, you stood up and walked away from the sad yet fond memory.

Walking forward, you stopped abruptly seeing another memory.

It was when L had been handcuffed to Light.

They were walking with you and Misa to a restaurant when the handcuff-chain got caught on a street lamp and they both fell.

You and Misa bursted out laughing while Light gave you a scowl and L remained on the floor saying 'ow'.

You laughed at the memory and continued to walk.

Then, another memory. Although this time, it was an extremely depressing one.

It was the day L died.

You stood and watched the sad scene unfold.

Seeing him fall out of his chair made you tear up and sniffle.

Not wanting to see anymore memories, you ran. You didn't know where you were going, but you just kept running.

It wasn't until you smacked into a wall that you once again passed out.

        ╚────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.──────╝

" Hey!" A voice said. " Are you okay?" Someone unfamiliar says.

You slowly open your eyes and sit up, gripping your head in the process.

Observing your surroundings, you see a young man and women approach you with an umbrella and a concerned look.

" Are you okay?" The women asked and helped you get on your feet.

You nod.

" Yeah. I was feeling a bit lightheaded and must've passed out. Thank you for checking on me." You say and smile at her.

" Would you like to go home or to the hospital? My boyfriend can call you a taxi." She says, concern evident in her voice.

You shake your head no and say you'll be okay.

" Thank you for being so nice to me. Have a great day!" You say and begin to walk away from them.

" Wait a minute!" The girl's boyfriend says.

" You dropped this." He says and places a Polaroid picture in your hand.

It was one you had taken with L just a few days before he died.

You smiled and thanked him before continuing to walk to a small park near by.

You sat on the bench under a tree and watched as the rain cleared and the sun came from behind the clouds.

Smiling, you looked down at the photo and hugged it close to your chest.

" I'm going to miss you a lot. But I hope that you're doing well, wherever you are now." A slight breeze passes which makes you shiver.

" I think it might be time for me to go back to headquarters. I love you L. Please, never forget that." You say and give the Polaroid a kiss.

Standing up to smooth out your soaking wet clothes, you take a deep breath and begin the walk back to headquarters.

"And all the wounds that are ever gonna scar me, for all the ghosts that are never gonna..."

(Author's Note: I hope you enjoyed the first oneshot in this new book! Have a great day/night/whatever everyone!)