- mary on a cross -

L X shinigami! Reader

Description - Being friends with Ryuk is fun! Especially when that leads you to meet a black-haired detective (also, reader looks more like Ryuk's original character design, more human like, than his actual one)

Song - Mary on a Cross~ Ghost

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

'Not just another Bloody Mary'

" Ryuk, this is boringggg..." you say, laying on Light's bed and letting your head dangle off the edge.

The mass murderer was currently having dinner with his family downstairs, leaving you and Ryuk to waste away in his room.

" I don't care if you're bored. You're the one who decided to come to the Human world with me." He answered, munching on an apple.

You rolled your eyes before getting up from the bed, making sure to stretch out your wings in the process.
" I know that it was my decision to go to the human world but if I knew it was going to be this boring, I would've never come."

Ryuk covered his ears in an attempt to block out the nonsense that was spewing from your mouth but to no avail.

" What other fruit do you think is in the human world? I saw a recipe in Light's mother's cookbook and it called for a fruit named strawberries. It was red like an apple but it had green leaves on top. What do you think it tastes like? It is sweet? Or maybe sour-"

" SHUT UP! STOP TALKING! YOU'VE BEEN GOING ON ABOUT STRAWBERRIES FOR THE PAST 15 MINUTES!" He screeched.

Suddenly the door opened and you were met with an annoyed looking Light. " You two are loud. You're lucky that I'm only one who can hear you." He says and locks the door behind him.

Light sat down at his desk and took out Ryuk's death note. The reason he didn't have yours was because you refused to make a deal with him, saying it would be boring and that you only came with Ryuk to have some fun.

" I won't bother you or spoil your plans if that's what you're worried about. I honestly couldn't care less about what you humans do." You assured him.

" Besides, I'm only here to see what the human world has to offer. I bet it'll be fun and full of cool things to do!"

" How many names are you writing today Light?" You asked, now laying in the air and using your wings to keep you afloat.