- fluorescent adolescent -

Teenage! L x Teenage! Reader

Description - L tries confessing to reader with the help of his friends. Here are everyone's ages -

L + Reader - 16
Mello + Matt - 11
Near - 5

Song - Fluorescent Adolescent ~ Arctic Monkeys

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

'You took a left off Last Laugh Lane'

L watched from afar as you played with the younger children in Wammy's House. He felt his face warm up at the sight of you giggling and laughing with the children.

" L, will you tell Matt that brown cows don't make chocolate milk? This idiot doesn't believe me!" Mello says, running into the room, Matt trailing behind him.

" Yes they do! Why else would they be brown? The white ones make regular milk so the brown ones make the chocolate milk!" He yells and attempts to get L on his side.

" All cows make the SAME milk! What don't you understand about that? It has nothing to do with the color of their fur!" Mello argued back.

" Stop screaming! Matt, I'm sorry to break it to you, but the brown cows don't make chocolate milk. They all produce the same milk." You say, coming between the two boys and separating them.

" I told you!" Mello gloats. Matt rolls his eyes and gives you a hurt look. " Sorry buddy." You say and pat him on the shoulder before walking back towards the other children.

L watches in amazement at how you calmly defused the situation and got them to stop fighting. Usually it took hours until they stopped but you had done it in a matter of seconds.

He gave a sheepish smile in your direction and watched you walked away. " Who's got you all lovestruck?" Matt asked, confused with the look on L's face.

Mello followed the direction of which L was looking and was met with you. He burst out laughing, falling to the floor and holding his stomach.

" Y-You like them?! Hahahaha!" Mello roared with laughter. You had turned around at this point and looked at Mello on the floor in confusion.

" Shhh, they're looking! Now get up and be quiet!" L yanked Mello back up by his arm as Mello continued to laugh.

" Matt, come here!" He pulled Matt in closer and whispered in his ear, " L likes (Y/N)!" Matt put his hand over his mouth in order to stifle his laughter but ultimately failed.