How Good Heaven Was

Everyone was dead. All of the Avengers, the Guardians, anyone who once protected the Earth. The last of them died years ago. Over a century ago. They were happy once again. No pain, no sadness, no nothing. The world below them was advancing. The great grandchildren of the amazing Tony Stark are to thank for that.

Thor, of course was still alive. So was Loki. They could visit their friends in Heaven. There was no strife, grief, suffering, or chaos in heaven. But, of course just as they were happy, it came crashing down. They started calling themselves the Protectors of the Universe, since before they died, they saved the Universe multiple times, helping each other.

The old Protectors of the Universe were chilling. The falls, oh what an amazing place. They spent most of their time there. Then suddenly, Mantis disappeared. They started to get freaked out. One by one they were disappearing. Then the last one, the final Protector disappeared.

They came to be in a plain white room. Every god of the Afterlife was there.

"We've come to an agreement. The Universe is in danger once again, and it needs you all to save it once again. You will be resurrected," one spoke.

"No! NO! No! Why us? Aren't there new heroes! Why do we have to go back to the living? We are all happy for once!" A protector cried.

"Well, the new heroes don't have the skillset you all do. We need you. You will go back to the living until the new threat is vanquished," spoke a guy who looked like he came off of Skyrim.

And suddenly, they were alive.