fallen marrage - a. barber

Defending Jacob (2020)
warnings : mentions of cheating, yelling, arguing, angst, slight fluff.
word count : 728 hd

____________________

"i'll leave her."

a sentence you only heard once, or twice. you hated being the other woman, and you almost felt bad for Laurie. but the shit he talks about her, makes you want to hate her as much as he does.

"i don't want to be the other person, Andy." you argued. fights like these never stopped, and you were afraid they weren't going to anytime soon.

he stood there, in his dark jeans and a black button down shirt, with his hands on his hips.

"and i told you, i'll leave her." he sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger.

"how is that supposed to make me feel?"

his head came up and he looked at you from across the room. you were sitting on the couch, knees tucked in underneath you.

"i don't know. better?" he snapped.

"Andy," you shook your head, "you're just being an ass."

"i'm being an ass?" he looked offended, walking forward just a little. "you're the one being selfish."

"selfish? how am i being selfish?" you stood up from the couch, your body facing his from across the room.

"because you're not listening."

"not listening? how the fuck am i not lis-"

"because you don't fucking get it!" he stormed towards you, picking up the vase on the small table next to him, and chucking it directly behind you mid sentence. watching the glass shatter into a million pieces. fury filled his stubborn blue eyes. "i don't fucking want her!"

you flinched, your body physically shaking from the rage built up inside your veins.

tears weld up in your eyes, it made you so upset that he was still married, let alone to be the other woman. and now he was just being an asshole about the whole situation.

"fuck you, Andy." you walked away, down the hall and into your bedroom.

you slammed the door behind you, throwing yourself on the bed and hugging your knees as you sat up by the headboard.

tears streamed down your face, you couldn't believe he acted out like that. if he wanted you, he could've just told you instead of getting so mad about it.

in all honesty, Andy was just scared of the outcome. he didn't want Laurie anymore, but he didn't want to hurt her either.

he wanted you, wanted you so bad, you were all he thought about. Laurie was selfish and manipulative. after Jacob had passed, she wouldn't even look at him anymore.

he felt used, their entire relationship was based off of lies and shitty sex. she used him when she wanted to, and he knew he was in the wrong for doing the same.

he wouldn't admit it, but he knew he was apart of the problem. it wasn't just Laurie, it was him too. and he wanted out.

he had had enough.

the door suddenly opened, you still sat there with your arms around your knees, and the wetness of your cheeks reflected off the dim light of the moon from the open window.

Andy walked in, closing the door softly behind him. he stood there for a while, thinking of what he was going to say to you. he felt angry. mostly in himself.

he scared you, the one person he truly wanted. he one person he truly loved and accepted him.

you looked up at him, watching as he twiddled with his fingers and stared back at you.

he must've seen the tears on your face, because the second you looked up at him, he was kneeling on the bed instantly, wiping your tears with his thumbs and cradling your face in his palms.

"i'm sorry," he croaked, his voice heavy with regret and need. "i'm so, so sorry."

you cried more, leaning into his hands as he whispered 'i'm sorry's' and 'i love you's'.

he opened his arms, letting you fall into them as he held you there.

"i shouldn't have brought it up," your small voice spoke, making him pull back and look you in the face.

"no, no, baby, no. i shouldn't have gotten angry. i'm so sorry i scared you," he kissed your forehead, then your nose, then your lips sweetly.

"i want you, i only want you."