Chapter 8

Father was circling me,
He said" You're a disgrace, Ezra! You should be ashamed of yourself! Being sorted into that lowly house! Why should we even keep you around?!" He pushed me, I fell to my side, yelping in pain, he kicked me," You are no longer apart of this family!" He started beating me as I cried out-

I screamed, then I was hugged, my brain became less fuzzy, I whimpered.
I heard Sirius whisper" Shh, shh, I'm right here, I'm right here." I wrapped my arms around him, nuzzling my face into his chest, he shushed me." It's all right, it's all right, it was just a nightmare. Just a nightmare, princess." I was shaking, he hugged me tighter," You're okay, little bird. You're in my bed, in my dorm, at Hogwarts. So far away from your room." I sniffled, calming down, but kept my face nuzzled against his chest." Hello there?" He kissed my head, coaxing me out of hiding, I looked at him," Feel better now?" I nodded my head slowly, he moved the hair out of my face," Everyone's still knocked out. Your scream wasn't loud enough to wake them. Do you want to try and get back to sleep?"
I whispered" Please don't make me." He sighed,
" You need sleep, Ezra." I shook my head quickly," Fine, then let's talk about your nightmare." I shook my head again, even faster, he chuckled," Well, I'm terrible at reading aloud so I'm not gonna read you a story." I giggled," Will you at least try to get some more sleep?" He laid down, leaving me sitting up," I'm so lonely, all alone..." I laid next to him, curling up at his side, laying my head on his chest, as he grinned." See? Not that bad, right?"
" No..."
" How about if I cover your eyes?" He covered my eyes, I giggled," Shh, we're supposed to be sleeping." I smiled, I knew he was grinning," Just relax, princess, no one can hurt you if I'm around. They'd be petrified before they ever touched a hair on your head." My eyes drifted shut, I nuzzled my face against his chest, drifting off-
———
I was laughing at Sirius and James, fighting over a quidditch team for some finals. They stopped fighting and looked to me,
Sirius said" She's laughing at us, James."
James said" How terrible, laughing at her best friends." Which only caused me to laugh more,
" Well, we are hilarious."
" Correct, we are. What's so funny, little bird?"
I said" You squabbling over quidditch."
Sirius said" Quidditch is a serious..." He stifled a laugh," Sport. It's very important to us."
" You should be more worried about studying." He landed next to me, laying his head on my lap,
" You're studying for us."
James said" Yeah, Ezra, you're studying for us. Which... you've been studying for too long." He took the book away from me, I whined,
I said" Jamesie! Give it back!"
" Nope. Have you ate today?" I shook my head slowly, he sighed as did Sirius,
Sirius said" How about we go get a snack, hmm? It'll make you feel better."
I said" I'm okay, Sirius."
" Is this about your nightmare?" I nodded shyly, embarrassed a nightmare could have so much effect on me.
James said" Nightmare?"
" Yeah, she had a nightmare last night. Seemed like a bad one too, but she didn't want to talk about it and I know how that feels so I didn't bother it any longer. You need to eat, princess. Come on." He stood up then grabbed my hands, pulling me to my feet, James stood up too.
" Let's go find Remus! He always keeps a bar of chocolate on him!" I smiled at the mention of sweets," Come on." They marched out, me in tow, I laughed at them, they smiled.

We found Remus walking out of the great hall, Sirius ran to him, hugging him, nearly tackling him.
Remus said" What did you do?" James knicked the bar of chocolate from his pocket." James?" James smiled as he held up the bar then gave it to me, I giggled at them." Hello, darling."
I said" Hi, Remus." I took a piece of chocolate and began eating it,
" You could have just asked, you know."
" There's no fun in that!" James and Sirius laughed,
" We have corrupted you... bloody hell." He laughed too,
Sirius said" No, no, no. She is still adorable, so we haven't corrupted her just yet."
" Is that your logic?"
" Yes, obviously." Sirius took my hand and led me into the great hall,
" Have you ate today, Ezra?" I shook my head," You've been studying all day, haven't you?" I blushed, looking down, they three sighed," Who took your book, then?" I pointed to James," Who's making you get a snack?" I pointed to Sirius, he chuckled," Good."

A Slytherin boy walked up to me, I gulped, wrapping my arms around my chest, praying that one of my friends would show up.
He said" Why don't the Slytherins like you?" I looked down at my feet, letting out a shaky breathe," I don't see anything wrong with you. They talk about you all the time, you see. I'm Monty, Joseph Monty." My mouth opened, but I was too afraid to say words," I get that you come from a pure line, but honestly, we're not all just one house's traits. There's smart Gryffindors and dim Ravenclaws." Then an arm wrapped around my waist, I sighed as I knew it was Sirius.
He said" Why're you talking to her, Snake?"
" You'd think you'd be the one to understand not all Slytherins are immediately the worst. Given you're a Black."
" Do you want to be blind for a month?! I can make it happen!"
" Calm down, 'm just talking to the girl."
" She doesn't want to talk to you."
" How would you know?"
" Because I know her."
" Well, ask her yourself, Lion."
I said" Sirius, let's go." I tugged at his arm, trying to avoid a confrontation, I gulped as Sirius didn't budge." Come on, Padfoot, let's go, please."
Sirius snarled" See, Snake?" We walked away finally, I sighed, shaking a little, I gulped." You all right, princess?" I hummed, keeping a fast pace, and a tight grip on his wrist." Sure? 'Cause you're bruising my wrist up." I let go, gasping, freezing,
" I'm sorry! I'm sorry, oh, are you okay?" He chuckled,
" I'm fine, princess. Stop fretting over me, I was just joking."
" Not funny, pads!"
" Will a hug make it better?" I just opened my arms, he chuckled and hugged me, lifting me off my feet as he stood up after dipping down.
" Sirius!" He laughed as he wrapped my legs around his stomach, his hand under my thigh as he carried me." You're a git!"
" Learning, are we?" I stayed silent for a moment,
" Yes..." He laughed and ran, I squeaked, wrapping my arms around his neck.

He put me down in the common room,
I said" Remus! James! Sirius is a git!" I ran to Remus, laying my head on his shoulder,
Remus said" What did Sirius do?"
" Scared me half to death!"
James said" How, darling?"
" By-By pretending like he was just gonna hug me then he stood up!"
" He carried you all the way here, didn't he?" I nodded," Want me to beat him up for you?" I giggled,
" Keep hugging him as girls come in, that'll be more embarrassing." Remus, Peter, James and Sirius looked at me, shocked, I smiled.
Peter said" She's learning! This is bad, boys!"
James said" I need to watch my back better!" Then he hugged Sirius, Sirius whined and tried to push him off but failed. I laughed,
Remus said" Evil, little goddess, you are, Ezra."
I said" I know." I smiled, he chuckled and kissed my head,
" Remind me to never get on your bad side, yeah?"
" Okay, Moony!"