Chapter 20

I clung to Reggie as he walked through the door,
He said" The better Black has arrived!"
Sirius said" I call bull!"
" What is the little one doing?"
" Oh, she's mad with me." I looked up at Reggie with a grin, he smiled back,
" What'd Sirius do, Ezra?"
I said" Dyed my hair." He laughed," Hey!"
" I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I can help you get him back."
Sirius said" If either of you touch my hair, I will kill everyone." I giggled," Except for Princess because she scares me and she's far too adorable to die."
Remus said" You caused it, Pads. She's gonna get revenge."
Peter said" What color did you even dye it?"
Sirius grumbled" Green."
" Oh, you're a dead man walking, Padfoot!"
" I know." Reggie wrapped an arm around me and walked over to them,
James said" Little bird, let Reg go." I shook my head," Holding little brother hostage, then?" I nodded my head," Have fun, Reggie!"
" Princess, let me hug my brother!"
I said" No!"
" Why?!"
" 'Cause you dyed my hair, you git!" He laughed,
" I deserve far worse..."
" I know! It's gonna get you!"
" I know... I'm terrified."
Mrs. Potter said" Terrified of what, darling?"
" Ezra."
" Ah, you should be. She's a woman. Hello, Reggie. Joining us for the summer?"
Reggie said" Yeah."
" I'll set out another plate. Ezra, dear, I found that makeup you wanted to look at."
I said" You-You didn't have to buy-"
" Oh, no worries. It was only a sickle. Come on." I got down and followed her,
Sirius and James said" Makeup?!"

I was smiling at the lip gloss tube,
Sirius said" What makeup?! You don't need makeup, you look brilliant without makeup, Princess!"
Mrs. Potter said" Merlin, you boys... it's just lip gloss."
I said" Lily let me try some once! It made my lips sparkly!"
James said" Bloody hell, Mum, why'd you have to give us a heart attack over lip gloss?!"
Mrs. Potter said" Don't try to blame me." Mr. Potter came in,
He said" Blame your mother for what?"
" Oh, James and Sirius almost had heart attacks when I mentioned makeup to Ezra." He chuckled,
" Boys, Ezra is growing up, she is allowed makeup if she wants to wear it."
James said" It's not that! She looks beautiful without makeup! And it's just lip gloss. It makes her lips sparkly!" He swiped his thumb over my lips as I giggled at him.
Sirius said" Alright, my confident little bird, first one to the sprinklers gets a cake." He took off, I laughed as we all took off after him.

We jumped around the sprinklers, I laughed as Remus and Peter held me in front of one.
I heard Lily say" My god, a pride of lions, a snake, and a cub."
James said" Lily!" He ran over to her and hugged her,
" Ah! James!"
" Sorry! Sorry!" Sirius swooped in and lifted me up, I laughed and held onto him as he spun around.

Sirius shook his head, splashing us with water,
Remus said" Go away, you dog!"
Reggie said" Agh! Sirius!"
James said" Padfoot!" Then he smiled at us,
Sirius said" What?! I'm sorry!" He plopped down next to me," Having fun, Princess?"
I said" Except for getting soaked with wet dog hair, yeah!"
" Ouch! You scar me!" I giggled, then Dorcas Meadowes and Marlene McKinnon walked in through the gate.
Lily said" Oh, finally! You missed all the fun!"
Dorcas said" Sorry! We were lazy."
James said" Day's not over yet, Lily! We've got plenty of fun left!"
Marlene said" Let's go swimming."
" Sure!"

We were by the pond, everyone was swimming, Reggie sat next to me.
He said" Heard your first time swimming didn't go so well." I shook my head," Yeah, it's pretty scary to begin with, I just learned last summer."
I said" Really?"
" Yeah. Sirius taught me."
" I don't want to drown."
" Sirius would never let you drown, little one. Nor would anyone else here." Sirius swam up,
He said" What're you two whispering about?"
" She thinks you'll let her drown."
" What?! I'd never, Princess." He pulled himself up onto the land and sat next to me." Wanna give swimming another go?" I shook my head," Alright. Yell if you need my attention, little bugger." He kissed my head then jumped back in, I laughed as I got splashed.

I was picking flowers near the pond, I laughed as Reggie kept growing them back.
I said" Thought magic was forbad outside school for underage."
Reggie said" And I thought you were a marauder." He grinned as he grew the orchids back, I smiled and began weaving a flower crown." What are you doing?"
" Making a flower crown, silly." I sat down against the rocks and continued weaving, he sat next to me.
" When do you think they'll get bored?"
" I dunno. We've only been here an hour. I don't mind, I love being outside. Mother and father rarely let me outside during the summer."
" Why is that?"
" I don't know." Then the rock I had my hand on moved, I yelped and jumped a little.
Sirius yelled" Ezra?!" I stared at the creature,
Reggie said" Don't worry, Sirius! She just got frightened by a mossy turtle." Then they swam over,
Remus said" What?" Reggie picked up the thing, it squirmed, he put it down and it swam off.
I said" What's a turtle? It looks like a baby fire crab."
" It's a muggle creature."
" Oh." I hummed," Cool."
Marlene said" Did she seriously not know what a turtle is?"
" W-Was I supposed to?"
Sirius said" No, not when you're raised in a bloody hell hole, who hates everything muggle."

Sirius' POV
I said" No, not when you're raised in a bloody hell hole, who hates everything muggle."
Ezra said" Oh." She looked down, I sighed and splashed her, she giggled and splashed me.
" Wanna share that?" I took the flower crown and put it on," How do I look?" She laughed,
Reggie said" She looks better."
James said" She looks way cuter! Sorry, mate."
I said" The betrayal! Fine!" I gave it back to her, after wandlessly making it a bit bigger. It slid down her forehead, causing her to laugh," Guess I stretched it out!"
Remus said" Yeah, with your giant head." I dunked him under, he laughed as I let him up,
" Ezra, love me! They're being so cruel!" I hugged her stomach, she laughed and wrapped her arms around my head.

It was about 10:30 at night, we were roasting marshmallows, Ezra was nuzzled up to Remus. We'd rode bikes around the village, she learned and caught on very quickly, she adored it! The girls shopped a bit, we ate a load of junk, and traipsed around the forest a while. I watched Ezra enjoy the roasted marshmallow, she bounced a little,
James said" Verdict is..."
Ezra said" Brilliant!"
" Brilliant! I bet you'd say extraordinary." He tossed a galleon to Lily,
" Hey! Stop betting on me!"
" It's fun!" She giggled, and shrugged, knowing she wouldn't win that battle tonight.
I said" Don't eat too many, Princess, you'll get a stomach ache."
Marlene said" She's a big girl, Black, she can eat all she wants." I sent a quick glare her way," Ezra, never let a man tell you what to do." Ezra immediately looked to me for confirmation, I shook my head, telling her not to listen to Marlene. Marlene chuckled," What was that?"
" What?"
" She looked to you and you shook your head, what was it?"
" Nothing."
" Ezra, what was it?"
Ezra said" Pads telling me not to listen."
" Stop letting him control you."
" He bought me."
James said" Little bird."
" Well, he did. Doesn't mean he controls me, I know that. He bought me to save me."
Marlene said" He's controlling you by telling you not to listen to people, or when he asks for answers, or for you to return a book he's too lazy to return."
I said" Marlene, drop it."
" No, I won't."
Dorcas said" Mars, stop it."
" Not happening."