Chapter 10

I was crying as realized I had to go home, I was breathing heavily, panicking, then I saw Remus. I ran to him, I was in the hallway, I crashed into his arms, he stumbled back.
I said" Remus, I don't wanna go home!" He hugged me,
He said" Whoa, whoa, whoa, hey..." He lifted me up, I wrapped my arms around his neck. I sobbed into his shoulder, he grabbed my legs and wrapped them around his stomach." Little bird, what's wrong? What happened?"
" I-I have to- I have to go home for the holiday- and-and I don't wanna go, I'm scared. I want Sirius."
" Okay, let's go find him, yeah?" I nodded weakly, he began carrying me.

I couldn't stop crying as fear and panic consumed me,
I heard Sirius say" What happened?!" Then I felt his hands on my sides, I stretched my arm out, and he took me into his arms.
I cried" Don't wanna- Don't wanna go home, Sirius, I'm scared!" He just hugged me tightly, kissing the side of my head, he sat down, I sat on his lap, crying into his neck.

I was calmed down, sniffling against his neck, I looked up, they all had tears in their eyes.
I said" Will you come with me?"
Sirius said" Love, do your parents go to the Black house for that dim holiday party they host?" I nodded," Do you go with them?" I nodded," I need you to lie, okay? Be on your best behavior, make them believe you have changed... I'll be there at the party, okay? Something bad is gonna happen, and you can't say a single word, okay, can you do that for me?" I nodded my head, he wiped the tears from my face, he sighed," Okay. Everything's gonna be okay, Ezra, I solemnly swear." I yawned, rubbing at my eyes," How about you get a nap, okay? I'll wake you up for dinner, how's that sound?" I nodded my head, he put me on his bed, I curled up, holding onto his hand as I dozed off-

Sirius' POV
I waited till her grip on my hand loosened, when she was asleep.
James whispered" Hell, Sirius! What are you going to do?!"
I whispered" Do what I have to, Prongs."
Remus whispered" And that would be?"
" Get her parents to sell her to me. Then-Then I'll figure out the rest once I know she won't be in the possession of an old creepy git."
Peter whispered" How are you going to do that?"
" I'd take curses for her. I'll take the cruciatus curse for all I care... she will not be sold, she will not be hurt... I will not allow it. Are you with me or not?"
James whispered" Marauders forever."
Remus whispered" I'm not leaving."
Peter whispered" I'm in, obviously." I nodded my head, then looked to the little one holding my hand as she slept peacefully... I can't let them hurt her like my parents hurt me.
———
Ezra's POV
I was whimpering as the train pulled into the platform, they each kissed my head, Sirius lingered.
He whispered" I'll see you in 3 days, all right?"
I whispered" I'm scared."
" I know, but I swear... the second I am with you again, I will not let anyone ever hurt you." He rubbed my cheek with his thumb, and pulled me up," Come on, you can't keep them waiting."

I walked to my mother and father,
Mother said" How were your studies?"
I said" High scores only."
Father said" And did anyone see that skin of yours?"
" No, sir."
" Better not have." He gripped my wrist as he began walking, I obediently followed after him.
———
I was thrown into the wall, I grit my teeth, staying silent,
Father yelled" Why are you so quiet all of a sudden?!" He slammed his fist onto my chest, I screamed out in pain," Now, now, now, what did I say about screaming?"
I said" N-No-Not to."
" And what did you do?"
" S-Scream." He hit me again, I whimpered, then mother came in, father stopped, holding me by my neck.
She said" He is here. But an owl came in from the Noble House of Black."
Father said" And what did it say?"
" Their eldest has finally learned his ways, he wants to buy her." Sirius. I remained silent, appearing clueless,
" He's a filthy Gryffindor!"
" But they are rich and powerful, more so than the man who wants to buy her now! He is just... a little misunderstanding, their children will be powerful Slytherins."
" Let him get a taste of her first, see if he wants to up his offer to match the Blacks."
" Yes." She walked away,
" Get dressed." I walked to my wardrobe, quickly stripping off the bloodied clothes and changing into clean clothes.

I was led downstairs, the party was tomorrow, I get to see Sirius tomorrow! I want him to save me. An old creepy-looking man was standing in the lounge room.
He said" State your name, woman." Father pinched my side,
I said" Ezra Hawksley."
" Age."
" 13 years old." He stared at me,
" Your price has went up, Hawksley, why?"
Father said" The Black family has made an offer."
" Of?"
" One million galleons. You can offer up a better price."
" Let's get a look at her. Strip, woman." I breathed heavily, shaking my head, he glared at me." What?!" I jumped at his voice, shaking-
———
I woke up, hazy, I blinked a couple times, then my surroundings focused, I was in my room, it was freezing. Then pain shot through me, I covered my mouth to block the scream. I slowly sat up, whimpering against my hand, it was dark, the only thing lighting my room was the moonlight from the half moon in the sky. I stood up, my legs trembled, I walked to my mirror and saw I was naked. I whimpered as I saw the amounts of bruise of my thighs, my entire body was sore, I was scratched up at the waist and stomach, my arms had purple handprints on them. I shakily pulled on a gown, then laid back down, I whimpered as my body stung.

Mother barged in,
She said" Get up. Put this on! Do not make me force you!" I stood up obediently, putting on the dark green, long-sleeve, ankle-length dress. I pulled my hair up into a really tight and neat bun, and wiped at my face to get rid of any stains.

I walked downstairs, standing by the door with my head down,
Father said" Looks like the Black boy gets you, man wouldn't offer up more than he originally priced. You weren't good enough, like always, of course. You disobedient brat!" He slapped me across the face, my body stumbled as I whimpered, tears slid down my cheeks silently.
Mother said" Let's go! We'll be late! The Blacks will want to meet their daughter-in-law." She gripped my wrist, as she dragged me out the door.